How to…link reward and talent management
- Individual Travel to the Fore. Graham, Andrea // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p31
Recommends the use of individual travel programs as a business incentive tool, which allows incentive qualifiers to travel when and where they feel most comfortable. Reaction of incentive qualifiers to an individualized incentive package; Planning an individual travel program.
- MORE THAN A PAYCHECK. Mehok, Kevin // Motor Age;Oct2010, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p66
The article offers suggestions for business owners on how to improve the benefits they are providing to their employees. One is to provide an environment that enables employees to use their benefits. Another is to offer special perks and extras as of the employee benefits plan. Offering a day...
- KNOW HOW: Suggestion box not a good idea. Ross, Emily // BRW;9/23/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p67
Criticizes the use of the suggestion box to gain ideas on innovation of companies. Disadvantage of the lack of ownership of an idea; Encouragement of staff to develop more creative strategic thinking.
- Muddled Middle. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p84
Focuses on the management of average workers. Effects of concentrating management efforts on overachieving and underperforming workers; Needs of middle performers that should be addressed by management; Types of rewards for average workers.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Aug2013, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management including doing background checks of employees and companies maintaining all the I-9 forms in one location.
- Premiums & Incentives: How to create rewards programs that work. Hayes, Michelle // Advertising Age;8/26/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 35, pA8
The article presents a seven-step checklist for developing effective motivation plans for employees in the United States. The guidelines are as follows: theme design, corporate objectives, criteria for selecting employees for recognition, recognition awards, site selection for the event, unique...
- Mystery shopping solved. Michael, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);7/2/2008 Market Research Essays, p11
The article discusses the factors to be considered to become mystery shopping effective in Great Britain. One factor is the involvement of staff by introducing an incentive programme whereby anyone deemed to have performed well by mystery shopper received a certificate signed by the chief...
- The Great Look Forward: China's HR Evolution. Malila, Jill // China Business Review;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p16
The article offers tips on the effective management of human resources (HR) in China. A total rewards strategy, which not only involves additional compensation but also training, career development and pay for performance, should be adopted. Employee engagement can be improved by understanding...
- you can lead through change. Inman, Chuck // Supervision;Jun2013, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p6
The article offers advice on how supervisors can help their staff adapt to business changes. Topics include communicating with members of the staff about any changes, moving quickly to implement change in order to make smooth transitions, and recognizing the achievements of members of the staff...