Getting the right fit
- Occupational health, part two. Williams, Dr Nerys // GP: General Practitioner;8/12/2002, p41
Reports on the role of general practitioners in improving occupational health in their practices. Necessity for risk assessment for occupational health; Role of the organization Local Disability Employment Advisers in improving occupational health.
- Ill-health reporting. Silcox, Sarah // Occupational Health;Jul2010, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses a study which found that there is a difference in how occupational physicians and general practitioners report cases of work-related ill health among patients.
- LMC offers bail out occupational health. // Pulse;6/24/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the offer of the Local Medical Committee (LMC) in Great Britain to bail out general practice occupational health schemes. Amount offered by the LMC in Kent, England; Rejection of the offer; Estimation of the amount need to set up an occupational health service.
- CPs struggle to cope with back-to-work drive. // Pulse;11/4/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 35, p13
The article reports on the physicians struggling to deal with the occupational health initiative in Great Britain. It states that physicians are lacking experience to assess ability for work, and not willing to advise employers on steps to keep patients in employment. It also notes that another...
- In brief. // Practice Nurse;9/19/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p9
This section offers news briefs concerning medical care in Great Britain. According to a report from The King's Fund, primary care trusts (PCT) spend widely varying amounts on different diseases even after the needs of different communities are taken into account. Nearly half of general...
- We'd like to change to work with GPs on occupational health. Beaumont, David // Pulse;3/15/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p29
Presents a letter to the editor about general practitioners on occupational health in Great Britain.
- Coroner demands action after suicide of 'perfectionist' GP. Lepper, Joe // Pulse;5/24/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the concern of bury coroner Simon Nelson on the prevalence of self-harm among doctors in Great Britain. Question of Nelson on the efforts of the National Health Service in helping doctors deal with stress; Investigation on the death of physician Dawn Harris; Efforts of primary care...
- Sickness certification shift will fail without more staff. // Occupational Health;Nov2003, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p5
Explains that the British government's plan to shift sickness certification from general practitioners (GPs) to occupational health (OH) practitioners will work only if hundreds of GPs will shift into the OH profession. Stand of the British Medical Association on the issue; Schedule for the...
- Who's looking out for GPs? Riley, David; Lehane, John // Occupational Health;Mar2005 Supplement, Vol. 57, p18
Offers a look at the implementation of occupational health (OH) services to general practitioners (GP) in Great Britain. Processes involve in providing OH to GP; Job-related stress facing GP; Views of GP on OH services and practitioners.