- Need to knownetworking. // Personnel Today;3/24/2009, p19
No abstract available.
- Drink coffee, make money. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p90
The article focuses on a report issued by the consulting firm CM Consulting, which found that drinking coffee with accounting partners and employees may lead to increased income due to the benefits of business networking.
- OUR HR COLUMNIST. Kearney, Vance // People Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p63
The author offers insights on the role of human resources (HR) staff and their skills in solving various problems within an organization. He notes that deployment of unique skills and wisdom is required to solve organizational problems. HR can help in terms of sales motivation through competent...
- Completed Staff Work Revisited. Westacott, Russ // Quality Progress;Mar2007, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p69
The articles offers information about completed staff work, a study of a problem and provision of a solution by a staff person. According to the author, completed staff work is a single proposed recommendation that has been thoroughly analyzed and coordinated. It also represents the best...
- Effective conflict resolution should be initiated by the boss. Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;9/26/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p32
Discusses a need for managers to model effective conflict-management behaviors. Reasons behind the non-reinforcement or non-perpetuation of new skills acquired by employees from training classes; Key element in the development of employees; Importance of practicing conflict-resolution competencies.
- LEAN LEADERSHIP: COACHING TO CONNECT THE DOTS. CASEY, JOSEPH; WUESTMAN, DENIS // Strategic Finance;May2015, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p23
The article examines how coaching high-performing employees can support continuous improvement within a business as well as increase employees' skills and abilities. It looks at how coaching allows employees to reflect on their thought processes, offers problem solving solutions, and contributes...
- BOOKS REVIEWED ELSEWHERE. // Academy of Management Review;Jul1981, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p523
The article presents a list of books reviewed in other publications, including "Ignorance of Social Intervention," by D.C. Anderson; "Career Management in Organizations," by N.J. Mathys and E.H. Burack; and "Procurement Management: Strategy, Organization, and Decision-Making," by R.E. Corey.
- Learn like it's your job: 18 portable skills every recent college graduate should have. Milazzo, Vickie // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/11/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p8
The article discusses the portable skills that college graduates must possess in order to achieve success in developing their careers. The portable skills include developing an area of knowledge for the business, being creative, and becoming your own problem solver. It also suggests to be...
- How to win promotion at work - 4. McGregor, Brian // Food Manufacture;Nov99, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p4
Part IV. Offers work promotion tips. Asking for training that will help improve job performance.