EEF calls skills funding reforms into question
- Viewpoint... Skills reform wranglings. Hopley, Lee // Personnel Today;9/15/2009, p9
The article presents the author's comments on the issues related to the reorganization of the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) in Great Britain.
- CJ blog: Lessons learned from review. Morby, Aaron // Contract Journal;7/1/2009, Vol. 447 Issue 6729, p2
A blog from Aaron Morby, editor of the journal, on universities and colleges modernization program of the Great Britain Learning & Skills Council is presented.
- TRAINING CHANGES. // Professional Manager;Mar2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the changes made on the Government's flagship skills programme by the Learning and Skills Council in Great Britain.
- WHAT'S ON THE WEB. // Building Design;7/3/2009, Issue 1875, p2
The article offers information related to building design such as the 2009 Carbuncle Cup for the designs of buildings and the 13 college projects that will received cash after the collapse of the Learning & Skills Council (LSC).
- Industry plans own academy. // Travel Weekly (UK);2/26/2010, Vol. 5, p5
The article reports that the travel industry's bid for a National Skills Academy for travel and tourism was rejected by Great Britain's Learning and Skills Council (LSC).
- Councils forced to foot bill for LSC staff redundancies. Higgs, Lauren // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;11/9/2010, p3
The article reports that councils are compelled to adopt the redundancy bill for Learning and Skills Council (LSC) staff in Great Britain.
- Clock ticking faster as 16-19 transfer approaches. Mason, Stephanie // Education Journal;Sep2009, Issue 118, p24
The article discusses the readiness of the educational system in Great Britain for the transfer of responsibilities for the commissioning education and the 16 to 19-year-olds training to local authorities and the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) for adults. It presents a report from the Learning and...
- LSC refunds 41 colleges for scrapped building plans. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;2/12/2010, p11
The article reports on the refund given to 41 colleges in Great Britain by the Learning and Skills Council which suspended the Building Colleges for the Future program after it underestimated the number of colleges that would apply for grants.
- MPs criticise management of 'Train to Gain' programme. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;1/22/2010, p8
The article reports on the statement of the Members of the Parliament that the Learning and Skills Council mismanaged Train to Gain programme, which started badly in 2006 with over-ambitious targets and under-spending in Great Britain.