Recruiters warned on serial ageism litigants
- Advancing the Sociology of Ageism. // Social Forces;Sep2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p257
The article discusses various reports addressing age discrimination published within the issue including one by Gee, Pavalko and Long dealing with perceived discrimination in the workplace and another by Yuan on ageism and mental health.
- Older workers feeling the brunt of age discrimination. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on a study conducted by the Human Rights Commission on the prevalence of age-based discrimination in the workplace in Australia.
- Ageism must be outlawed. // Design Engineering;Jun98, p5
Reports on a survey sponsored by Eden Brown recruitment company on workplace ageism. Opinion of the people questioned in the survey concerning the illegality of ageism.
- The wonder years. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;12/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p14
Discusses efforts of the government and employers to tackle ageism in the workplace in Great Britain. Aim of the government's Age Positive campaign; Reasons ageism in the workplace must be tackled; Content of the revised code of practice on Age Diversity in Employment; Employers that are making...
- BLAIR SHOULD THINK OF HIS CONTEMPORARIES. Roberts, Yvonne // Community Care;5/1/2003, Issue 1470, p19
Discusses the unemployment problem of British citizens over 50 years old. Number of over 50s who are jobless; Impact on their immediate quality of life; Statistics on applicants who experienced ageism when applying for jobs.
- AN OLD YEAR'S RESOLUTION. McCartney, Ian // People Management;12/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p27
Emphasizes the elimination of age discrimination in employment. Result of a survey on qualifications for employment; Examples of ageism in the workplace; Advantages of an age positive attitude.
- Know your rights. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p32
Provides information on the U.S. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967.
- Ageism hits one-third of workers. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;1/25/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the results of a survey indicating the extent of age discrimination in employment in Great Britain. Comparison between ageism, racism and sexism; Attitude of the government; Obstacles to a bill on age discrimination.
- Beware youngsters' ageism claims. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;10/26/2004, p46
The article presents a discussion on a law banning workplace age discrimination that is due to come into force in 2006 in Great Britain. Legal action from employees claiming age discrimination is likely to come from younger than older employees, managers have been warned. The law banning...