- Legal looting. Murphy, Richard // Red Pepper Magazine;Oct/Nov2011, Issue 180, p27
The article discusses a deal of Swiss banks for tax evaders. It explores the significance of the suggestion of the Swiss Bankers' Association to act as tax collectors for other countries in exchange for banking secrecy in 2010. Particular focus is offered for terms of a deal between Great...
- Swiss Bankers Face Tax Evasion Charge. // American Banker;2/24/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 30, p16
Brief information is given about the U.S. Department of Justice's announcement that four Swiss bankers, Marco Parenti Adami, Emanuel Agustino, Michele Bergantino, and Roger Schaerer, were charged with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. by helping customers evade income taxes.
- HR 'fails to protect staff from bullying' Roberts, Zoe // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the failure of human resource departments to protect employees from institutionalized bullying in Great Britain according to a research. Comments from Andreas Liefooghe, lecturer in organizational psychology at Birkbeck College in London, England.
- Online mentor. // People Management;Sep2013, p53
The article provides answers to a question of what a human resources (HR) professional can do when the bully is his own head of HR.
- Someone to lean on. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on bullying in the British workplace. Criticisms against the failure of some British companies to address the problem; Results of a study of workplace bullying conducted by researchers at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology; Types of bullying behavior. ...
- Beat the BULLY. Yeung, Rob; Cooper, David // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p38
Provides a guide in addressing incidents of bullying in the workplace. Evaluation of the psychological effect of bullying; Identification of behavioral manifestations; Role of the human resources department.
- CAREER MASTERCLASS DEAL WITH AN OFFICE BULLY. // Management Today;Nov2010, p15
The article offers tips on how to deal with an office bully in the workplace.
- Secret's Out. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;3/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 41, p5
The article reports that a data security breach at the private Swiss bank subsidiary of HSBC PLC may result in some of the bank's foreign account holders facing charges of tax evasion in their own countries.
- SECRECY IN SWISS BANKING. Narpati, B. // Contemporary Review;Dec86, Vol. 249 Issue 1451, p294
The article highlights the high amount of secrecy maintained in the banks of Switzerland. Swiss law has placed banking secrecy under the protection of penal law. The concept of confidentiality appears to have become the most widely questioned characteristic of Swiss banking. The theory of what...