Reward professionals go 'back to the drawing board.'
- STUDYING THE FUTURE. Brown, Duncan // People Management;6/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p53
Presents updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain as of June 30, 2005. Research priorities of the CIPD such as human resources function of the future; Plan to launch a publication on the impact of reward policies on customer service performance;...
- A women's institute. Howard, Simon // People Management;6/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p61
Reports that the majority of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development membership is women. Statistics on the institute's membership; Arguments raised on the trend in human resource (HR).
- Brand awareness. // People Management;Jun2015, p60
The article presents information on a factsheet developed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on the subject of employer branding.
- IMMIGRATION. BROCKETT, JAMES // People Management;Sep2011, p11
The article reports on the increase in the proportion of employers in Great Britain that are planning to recruit migrant workers, according to a research study by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- BACK TO WORK? Smedley, Tim // People Management;Sep2011, p24
The article examines the potential of the Work Programme launched by the British government to succeed when it comes to helping long-term unemployed people get back to work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) supports the program by launching a project that would get...
- Employers advised to flex their benefits and gain from a harder-working pay bill. Deeks, Emma // People Management;2/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the report from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which reveals that companies are shying away from radical changes in their benefits packages. Example of creative method of benefit packages; Comments from Nick Page, CIPD adviser on pay and employment.
- TINKER AND TAILOR. Cotton, Charles // People Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, Special section p6
This article presents information on the Reward Management 2007 survey conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) regarding reward practices by employers in Great Britain. Nearly 40 per cent of the employers surveyed will be changing their bonus or incentive...
- Clear benefits. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;1/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p47
The article presents the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Reward management 2009 survey. The survey provides a picture of current and emerging practice in British reward strategy. Now in its eighth year, the survey also provides benchmarking data that reflects trends in base...
- Members get down to business. Cannell, Mike // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p65
Reveals the results of the survey conducted on self-employment among members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Turnover figures of their businesses; Reasons for setting up a business; Difficulties faced by the respondents on sales and marketing.