- Advisors Fielding More Client Queries About Taxes and Retirement. Ortega, Ralph R. // Financial-planning.com;9/21/2015, p4
The article presents an interview with Greg Steiger, manager of retirement income at wealth management firm RBC Wealth Management in the U.S., who discusses the trends in retirement planning, the areas of focus of RBC advisors, and the company's provision of asset allocation training to advisors.
- Cautious approach lets big players sleep easy. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;5/15/2006, p26
This article presents an interview with Tony Moss, a partner of investment advisory firm, Cumberland Place, in Great Britain. When asked about what type of clients they have, he replies that most of their clients are entrepreneurs, directors of small to medium-sized companies. Moss states that...
- Two Gurus Weigh In on the Role of Human Capital, Annuities, and Other Asset Classes. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Aug2008, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
An interview with Ibbotson Associates' chief investment officer Tom Idzorek and Morningstar, Inc's vice president Paul Kaplan is presented. When asked about Ibbotson asset-allocation philosophy that revolves around the idea of human capital, Idzorek elaborates that human capital concept helps...
- William Reichenstein on Retirement Investing, Withdrawals, and Tax Efficiency. Buttell, Amy E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p18
An interview with William Reichenstein of Baylor University is presented. When asked about the location of assets through tax efficient strategies, he refers to the holding of stocks in the taxable accounts while attaining target asset allocation. Reichenstein states that there are immediate...
- A Common-Sense Approach to Asset Allocation. Benz, Christine // Improving Your Finances;Jul2010, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p20
An interview with Harold Evensky, president of Evensky & Katz Wealth Management, is presented. He believes that asset allocation didn't fail during the bear market, it was a matter of choosing the right way for diversification. When asked about the difference between tactical and market-timing,...
- Letters talk back. Nath, Ramesh; Sharma, J. P.; Sharma, Pratap; Ansari, Alimuddin // Money Today;Apr2015, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Gaining From Falling Rates," which details what investors can expect in the coming days in the February 2015 issue, "Popularising NPS Is Bit of a Challenge," which interviews former State Bank of...
- Asset bubbles are part of the scenery. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the concerns of how to avoid asset bubbles, and how strategic asset allocation could affect the underperfoming assets in Australia.
- Asset allocation and investment horizon. Smith, Keith V. // Financial Services Review;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p201
Focuses on a study which compared several different strategies to asset allocation of investments. Factors which influenced investment performance; Indepth look at buy-and-hold and strategic asset allocation; Methodology used to conduct the study; Results of the study.
- N.Y. state fund sets long-term priorities. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;6/24/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p4
Reports on New York State and Local Retirement Systems' adoption of a new long-term asset allocation targets.