PacGen Linked to Technical Default of Calif.'s Roddy Ranch
- As PacGen Default Looms, High-Level Meeting Planned. Williams, Rochelle; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p42
Reports on planned high-level meetings among investors in a troubled Pacific Genesis Group-managed northern California land development deal, to discuss options about a possible default on the project's outstanding debt. Meetings pertaining to the Roddy Ranch Master Planned Community in the San...
- Indian tribe's default brings Pacific Genesis' problems to Washington state. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30244, p29
Discloses that the Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe has defaulted on a $3.85 million of tax-exempt notes it sold in 1995 to acquire 164 hundred acres of oceanfront land on Ocean Shores, Washington, a deal underwritten by Pacific Genesis Group Inc. (PGG). State Treasurer Matt Fong's concerns on PGG's...
- Ruling Could Prove Lethal For PacGen. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Reports the refusal of a federal judge to modify the injunction for Pacific Genesis Group Inc. in Washington. Details on the violations of the company; Prevention from expulsion in the municipal market; Regulatory process in addressing statutory disqualifications.
- Calif. county tests new roving JPA. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p1
Informs that the Stanislaus County, California, district attorney has requested state Attorney General Bill Lockyer to issue an opinion about the legality of the roving joint-power authorities (JPA) being structured by Pacific Genesis Group. Membership of a mutual water company in the JPA;...
- Pacific Genesis Appeals Ruling on Land-Based Financing. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p4
Reports that Alameda, California-based Pacific Genesis Group Inc. has appealed a federal court ruling that forced the company to unwind the ninth land-based bond offering that it had sold to finance the development of a residential golf course community. Company's plan to revise the disclosure...
- Troubled Pacific Genesis Forced Out of Two More States. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31197, p4
Reports the withdrawal of the application of Pacific Genesis Group Inc. for a broker-dealer license in California. Reasons for the withdrawal; Cancellation of the firm's broker-dealer license by the California Department of Corporations; History of the problems of the firm.
- California dealer says banning roving JPAs spells trouble. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p1
Discloses that Pacific Genesis Group Inc. is warning that a bill which would curtail the use of certain kinds of land-secured financings in California will cause millions of dollars of bonds to default. Background on a California that allows local agencies to form joint power authorities (JPA);...
- Pacific Genesis to Promote Berne. Orloff, David // Orange County Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p21
States that Laguna Hills, California-based investment banker Pacific Genesis was selected by the Berne Economic Development Agency in Switzerland to be its West Coast representative.
- Pacific Genesis, issuer are seeking alternate financing for defaulted note. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/22/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30315, p3
Reports that U.S. Trust of California, trustee for a $6.2 million defaulted bond anticipation note underwritten by Pacific Genesis Group, has given the firm and issuer Malibu Canyon Public Finance Authority additional time for alternate financing. Pacific Genesis' financing plan; Appointment of...