Illinois Bond Counsel Moves to Altheimer & Gray
- Gardner Carton Taps New Partner for N.Y. Office. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p7
The article reports that Irving C. Apar has been hired by Chicago, Illinois-based Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP as partner in its corporate and trust practice for its new office in New York City. Apar has been a veteran of corporate and securities law and has represented trustee clients on...
- Gardner Carton & Douglas Names Harold Kaplan to Be New Chairman. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p7
Reports that Gardner Carton and Douglas LLP has announced that it has tapped Harold L. Kaplan to be its new chairman. Description of Kaplan's career as head of Gardner Carton and Douglas LLC corporate restructuring and financial institutions group.
- Altheimer loses another partner as costs mount. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;5/26/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
Reveals that the law firm Altheimer & Gray's London, England office lost a partner. Increasing property costs of the office.
- Altheimer plans for Serbian office. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p13
Reports that Altheimer & Gray has launched a 24-hour lawyer Central and Eastern European projects group as it looks towards opening an office in Serbia, Yugoslavia. Focus of the projects group; Partners who are leading the projects group.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Lawyer;1/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
The article presents news related to law firms.The article presents information related to law firms. Jane Bevan has been elevated to the position of general counsel at IT and outsourcing company Capgernini. Chicago firm Gardner Carton & Douglas has set up office in Boston firm with two...
- Four lawyers change venue. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the transfer of several healthcare lawyers from Gardner Carton & Douglas to McDermott, Will & Emery in Chicago, Illinois. Bernadette Broccolo; Ralph DeJong; Michael Peregrine; William Roach.
- CHICAGO OBSERVER. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p46
Reports on developments about business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois as of February 5, 2001. Potential deal between the Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange; Gardner Carton & Douglas' move to 'de-equitize' unproductive partners; Resignation of investment banker Michael...
- The night shift. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p24
The article discusses the night working schedule of lawyers at Chicago-based Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP. The copy room on the 32nd floor is the equivalent of a small-town post office, even at night. Late nights and early mornings are the only times the firm's chairman, Harold Kaplan, can work...
- U.S. Bancorp Taps Paul as CCO, Manzoni as Counsel. // Money Management Executive;8/9/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p4
U.S. Bancorp Asset Management Inc. has appointed Charles Manzoni as general counsel and Doug Paul as chief compliance officer. Manzoni previously worked for Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP, which until recently was the independent counsel for the mutual funds advised by U.S. Bancorp. The firm has...