Former King of the Hill MBIA Insurance Slips to Fourth Place
- Ambac Top-Ranked Insurer for First Half of '06. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p1
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. topped the municipal bond insurer ranking for the first half of 2006, based on data from Thomson Financial data. Overall municipal issuance declined by 14.6% compared with the first half of 2005, and many insurers' sales volume declined. MBIA...
- FSA Takes Top Spot In Ranking. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p1
The article reports on the year-end rankings of bond insurers for 2007 in the U.S. Financial Security Assurance Inc. was ranked as the busiest bond insurer by covering 1,690 deals worth a combined $46.2 billion. Ambac Assurance Corp. was second with $45.5 billion of total par, and MBIA Insurance...
- Some Monolines Manage to Thrive. Bizouati, Yaël // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/10/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the status of the monoline insurance companies in the U.S. in 2007. According to the author, Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Insurance Corp. are struggling to stay in business, while Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) has been doing well. Despite the turmoil...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- MBIA Split Panned By Four Former N.Y. Regulators. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the complaint of the four former New York insurance superintendents on the division of the MBIA Insurance Corp. in New York.
- San Diego Schools Refunding Up To $300M, on Top of $200M Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p1
Reports on the plan of the San Diego Unified School District in California, to try anew to refund money and the new-money sale of general obligation bonds. Goal of refunding of three percent present-value savings; Insurance of the new-money bonds by Financial Security Assurance Inc. and the...
- MBIA net up 18% in 3d quarter. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p25
Focuses on the financial performance of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the third-quarter of 1999. Increase of net income; Increase of expected overall portfolio returns.
- MBIA restructures as insurers weigh obstacles to growth. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p1
Reports on the MBIA Insurance Corp.'s reduction of its staff to streamline operations and reduce future operating costs. Number of positions eliminated; Names of some executives that were let go; Factors that led to the staff reductions.
- MBIA offers insurance in estate settlements. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;2/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p27
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corporation's insurance offer to banks called Assurety, which guarantees deposits before they are assigned to trust accounts and later invested. When MBIA started to offer product.