Sales Tax Growth at Its Weakest Since '90s Recession
- Tax Morale in Socio-Political Interactions: Insiders and Outsiders. Çevik, Savaş // Journal of Applied Business & Economics;2014, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p101
This paper analyzes the importance of social and political contexts and individual value norms in tax morale. It introduces an approach to discuss tax morale with the notions of 'insider' and 'outsider' to capture socio-political context and personal value orientations. It constructs a general...
- Tax return mistakes still common. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;6/30/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the results of a survey by Count Wealth Accountants which found that Australians are likely to make errors in their tax returns. Citation of the top ten most frequent errors individual and self-employed people make on their tax returns; Statement of Count Wealth Accountants COO...
- Cities Hurt by Housing Crash May Be Ailing for Years, NLC Reports. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p5
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by the National League of Cities (NLC) regarding the possible difficulties that will be faced by the cities with declining financial conditions driven by the housing market downturn and low tax collections in 2008. The NLC report gathered...
- I fiorentini all'estero ed il catasto del 1427: frodi, elusioni, ipercorrettismi. Bettarini, Francesco // Annali di Storia di Firenze;2011, Issue 6, p37
Faced with protracted warfare against the duchy of Milan, the leaders of the Florentine Republic declared a new tax survey for all citizens of Florence in May 1427. This rigorous survey included information on all real property, business interests, debts, and family background. In the summer of...
- ILLINOIS: Not Meeting Target. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on tax collections in Illinois for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2002. Difference between actual and estimated tax collections; Budgetary problems faced by the state.
- States' Revenues Down for 2nd Consecutive Quarter. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p4
Presents information about corporate and personal income tax collections by various U.S. states as of February 13, 2002. Increase in sales tax collections; Reduction in corporate income tax collections.
- Report: 32 State Revenues Hurt by Drop in Personal Income Tax Intake. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p4
Reports on the fall in adjusted tax revenues in Washington as of December 2002. Reasons for the fall; Comparison of adjusted tax collections in the state in the third quarter of 2002 with that in the corresponding period in 2001; Increase in the unadjusted tax revenues during the 2002 fiscal...
- The body politics of tax collection. Steiss, Carl F.; Cyrenne, Yvon // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p12
Offers views for and against the development of an independent tax collection agency in Canada. Information on the intensions of Ottawa to establish the Customs and Revenue Agency, which will collect taxes for all levels of government.
- The story of a state tax audit. Markey, John E. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p67
Presents a response to a question on state tax audits. Issues contested by International Technidyne Corporation (ITC); Concern with ITC distribution of samples; Background information.