Minnesota Embraces Sales Tax Simplification Effort
- Sales-tax debate in Minnesota. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the sales-tax rebate plan detailed by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. Terms under the proposal; What the Republicans opposed to the plan want.
- Ventura, Lawmakers in the Ring Over Tax-Cut Package. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p4
Focuses on the conflict between Minnesota lawmakers and Governor Jesse Ventura over the size of a tax-cut package. House of Representatives' plan to enact an across-the-board income tax cut; Senate Democrats' concerns about the size of the House income tax proposal.
- State Assumes Most Costs Of Running Public Schools. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;7/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the passage of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's tax revolution law which aims to finance K-12 education in the state. Sectors that will receive rate cuts from the tax law; Percentage of education costs paid by the state prior to the signing of the legislation.
- Minnesota passes budget. // State Government News;Aug2001, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p7
Reports that Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has signed several budget and tax bills on June 11, 2001. Details on the bills signed by Ventura.
- USA. Kilborn, Robert; Carden, Lance // Christian Science Monitor;7/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 168, p20
Offers United States news briefs as of July 27, 1999. How the Reform Party elected Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's nominee for chairman; How President Clinton has promised to veto a House-passed tax-cut bill; Landing of space shuttle Colombia; How a United States Army plane crashed in...
- lines. // Native Peoples Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14
This section offers news briefs related to the Native Americans in the U.S. The Viejas Band and the San Manual Band of Mission Indians of California have partnered with the Forest County Potawatomi Community and the Oneida Nation to develop Residence Inn. A new course on Indian tax law was...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Cool to Ventura's Budget Proposals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's budget proposals. Capital bonding bill being pushed by Venture to the state legislature; Tax and legislative reforms passed during Ventura's tenure; State lawmakers' reactions to Ventura's proposals.
- Minnesota's Surprise Choice Still Working Out K-12 Details. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;11/11/98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p15
No abstract available.
- The body politic registers a protest. BEILER, DAVID // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Reports on Jesse Ventura's victory in the 1998 Minnesota gubernatorial election. Ventura's career background; Significance of Ventura's victory; Information on the Ventura campaign.