Yale Selling $200M Daily Tender Debt
- Yale to pare private equity target to 20%. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the plans of Yale University on private property equity investment of the school in New Haven, Connecticut. Rate of reduction of the target allocation to the asset class; Capacity of the school to achieve the target allocation; Role of private equity investment on the growth of the...
- Ivy Leagues open doors wider to middle class. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;May/Jun98, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the changes that Yale University will make to its financial-aid policy, which will allow more middle-class families eligible for assistance. Amount of money which Yale will exempt of family savings, home equity and other assets; Information on the policy which has been implemented at...
- Yale Changing Target Allocations. // American Banker;3/22/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 43, p7
The article reports that Yale University is cutting its target allocations in hedge funds to allow for larger stakes in private equity and real estate, which were the asset classes that hurt the fund in 2009.
- Yale endowment leaves tradition behind. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;4/15/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p3
Discusses how Yale University's $4.6 million endowment is performing on the domestic stock holdings in the United States. Moving of public assets to private ones; Information on Yale's assets; Where Yale's assets are invested; Statistics on Yales' public market stocks; Plans of David Swensen,...
- Ivy-covered square footage. Won Choi // Regional Review;Summer95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on off-campus real estate investment by Yale University. Yale's New Haven Initiative; Use of Yale's financial strength to help revitalize New Haven, Connnecticut; Fostering a mixed-income neighborhood; Generating rental housing and services used by a mix of income classes.
- How to lose $20 million. Calabresi, Massimo // Time;3/27/1995, Vol. 145 Issue 13, p69
Reports on a decision by Yale University to return a $20 million gift at the request of donor Lee M. Bass. Yale's explanation of the fiasco; Critics' views of the situation; The amount of money that the Bass family had given to Yale by the early 1990s; Controversy over a Western Civilization...
- Yale's Answer. // Time;8/11/1952, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p76
The article focuses on the Alumni Fund of Yale University, its top fund-raising activity.
- God & Mammon at Yale. // Time;9/25/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p78
The article reports on the financial forecast for the budget deficit of Yale University, which is believed to be miscalculated due to its divergence from the anticipated deficit. It states that the university expected that its budget deficit would amount to 5.7 million dollars, but an actual...
- Leveling the Playing Field on Endowments. Dervarics, Charles // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;2/7/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p8
The article examines why elite colleges and universities in the U.S. do not spend more of their endowments to fund the education of poor students. U.S. Senator Charles Grassley feels that schools should stop "hoarding" funds and do something about the cost of tuition. Yale University has...