IN THE LOOP
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
Presents news items related to book publishers in the United States as of February 11, 2002. Merger of Chapters Inc. and Indigo Corp.; Financial performance of Quebecor World Inc. for the fourth quarter of 2001.
- Investment Group Makes Offer for Chapters. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 49, p9
Focuses on the bid of Indigo company to purchase Chapters through Trilogy Retail Enterprises L.P. Possible benefits of the merger; Rejection of the bid by Chapters; Business operations of the company; Concerns regarding the potential merger.
- THAT'S EDUTAINMENT. Johnson, Tim // Quill & Quire;Sep2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the possibility of children's books' sale to rise with the rise in the edutainment products retailed at bookstores in Canada. Computer terminals and other edutainment items were added by bookstores, Indigo and Chapters recently. Many children's book publishers expressed...
- Chapters Shoots Down Initial Takeover Bid, But More Are Expected To Follow. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Reports the refusal of Chapters Inc. to the initial corporate takeover bid of Indigo company in Canada. Reasons for rejecting the takeover bid; Details on the amended bids from Trilogy Retail Enterprises; Approval of a shareholder rights plan introduced by Chapters Inc.
- Competition ruling on chains expected by June. Weiler, Derek; Anderson, Scott; Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Mar2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p5
Reports the merger between Indigo company and the Chapters company. Expansion plans of both companies; Recognition of profits; Improvement of the marketing structures.
- GOVERNMENT OKAY'S CHAPTERS-INDIGO DEAL. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p12
Highlights the approval of the Canadian government on the merger agreement of Chapters Inc. and Indigo Books & Music Inc. Conditions given to Chapters Inc. before merging with Indigo; Recognition by the Association of Canadian Publishers on the decision of the government; Importance of ethics...
- INDIES vs. CHAINS. Toller, Carol; Anderson, Scott; Berger, Carol; Domet, Stephanie; Hughes, Cathie; Lahey, Anita; Peryman, Lisa // Quill & Quire;Mar1998, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p1
Reports that 'Quill and Quire' magazine's 1998 annual store survey in Canada has found that independent bookstores are resisting pressure to discount due to the growing competition in the market. Chapters Inc.'s increase of its selection of discounted bestsellers to match rival Indigo;...
- YESTERDAY'S SUIT. // Quill & Quire;Apr97, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the decision made by Chapters Inc. to withdraw the lawsuit filed by it against the company Indigo. Allegations on Indigo; Reasons behind the withdrawal; Indigo's plan of filing a counter lawsuit against Chapters Inc.
- Government Approves Chapters-Indigo Merger. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p10
Reports that Canada's Competition Tribunal has finally approved the Chapters Inc.-Indigo merger. Worth of the merger; Association that supports the merger; Expectation from the merger.