Attorney Conrad Rippy: 'That little pig is my heart and soul.'
- Breaking Frame: Bordering on Illusion. Whalen-Levitt, Peggy // School Library Journal;Mar86, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p100
Discusses innovative techniques in illustrating children's books. Illustrators who utilize the broken-frame technique in children's books; Pros and cons of breaking illustration frames; Children's books that exhibited broken illustration frames.
- Taste trends. Cummins, Julie // School Library Journal;Sep96, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p118
Presents observations related to the illustration trends in children's books and relates them with several types of cookies. Collage; Layers; Whimsy; Ethnic; Texture; Borders and panels; Shape and perspective; Pervasiveness of graphic designs; List of books showing the different trends of...
- Colour in books. Smurthwaite, Nick // Design Week;9/25/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p17
Looks at the work of four people in Great Britain who are enjoying successful careers as children's book writers and illustrators. Taro Gomi; David Melling; Sara Fanelli; Dave McKean.
- Art/Reading/Language Arts: Children's Book Illustrator Project. Zacher-Bucko, Mary Beth; Riggi, Donn // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Offers curriculum ideas for a reading and language arts project about children's book illustrators geared to grade levels seven and eight. Library media skills objectives; Instructional roles; Details on the activity and procedures for completion.
- Becoming a Children's Book Illustrator. Hale, Christy // Skipping Stones;Sep-Oct2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p18
Offers tips on becoming a children's book illustrator. Belief in oneself; Definition of goals; Importance of being patient.
- Celebrate Variety! McGee Butler, Virginia // Highlights;Feb2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p40
Features children's books illustrator Ezra Jack Keats.
- Vote for the 100 most important authors and illustrators in children's literature. McElmeel, Sharron; Buswell, Lin // Library Talk;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p9
Announces a survey of the 100 most important authors and illustrators of books for children. Includes survey forms with the list of authors and illustrators.
- More about authors. // Library Talk;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p12
Names books that contain biographies of writers and illustrators of children's literature. Includes Alice Cary's `Jean Craighead George' and `Katherine Paterson'; `Nature! Wild and Wonderful,' by Laurence Pringle; `One Man Show,' by Frank Asch.
- Readers' choices. McElmeel, Sharron; Buswell, Lin // Library Talk;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
Presents the findings of the spring 1997 survey conducted by the periodical `Library Talk' regarding teachers and students' preferred authors and illustrators of children's literature. Includes Theodor Seuss Geisel; Marc Brown; Beverly Cleary; Judy Blume.