Supreme Court Rules Against Ranchers, Upholds Grazing Regulations Amendments
- Supreme Court Lets Stand Holding Allowing Land Claims. // Native American Law Digest;May2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court has declined to consider whether the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone tribes have waited too long to sue the U.S. Interior Department over Federal management of minerals on their Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming. The justices let stand...
- High Court Ends Bush's Hopes on Key New Source Rule. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court has let stand a lower court ruling overturning a Bush administration change to the Clean Air Act's New Source Review (NSR) program. The change would have allowed facilities to replace up to 20% of certain units without installing upgraded pollution...
- Delaware River Ruling Could Nix N.J. Natural Gas Project. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32847, p5
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court over a claim of Delaware that a liquefied natural gas project would violate its environmental laws. The court has determined that Delaware and New Jersey must share jurisdiction of the Delaware River, effectively prohibiting the...
- Important Cases of the Supreme Court. // Monkeyshines on the United States Government;2001, p50
Outlines several important cases pending before the U.S. Supreme Court. Details of the case between Marbury versus Madison; Relevance of the case of McCulloch versus Maryland; Impact of the ruling on the case of Plassy versus Ferguson.
- THE HAGUE DECISIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT. // America;6/17/1939, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p228
The author reflects on the verdict the U.S. Supreme Court passed against the ordinances related to peace and order of Mayor Hague of Jersey City in 1939. He believes it vindicated the rights of those under the 14th Amendment. It affirms the right to assemble peacefully, the privilege to...
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun79, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p901
Presents a summary of U.S. Supreme Court rulings compiled as of June 1979. Consideration for entrance to law school under special admissions program for disadvantaged persons; Disqualification of aliens with no intent of obtaining citizenship from public school teacher licensing; Blanket...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun79, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p953
Presents several U.S. Supreme Court rulings compiled as of June 1979. Constitutional privilege of press members against inquiry into editorial processes; Gender-based classifications in adoption of illegitimate children; Prohibition against certification of aliens as public school teachers.
- The electronic library. // National Journal;5/17/97, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1009
Announces the availability of United States Supreme Court decisions at the World Wide Web site.
- The Court's Opinion in Chicago Agency-Fee Case. // Education Week;3/12/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p14
The article presents the text of the majority opinion in Chicago Teachers Union v. Hudson delivered by Justice John Paul Stevens in the U.S. Supreme Court.