Supreme Court Orders Federal Government to Return More Than $150 Million to Oil Companies
- MOBIL OIL EXPLORATION & PRODUCING SOUTHEAST, INC. v. UNITED STATES: certiorari to the united states court of appeals to the federal circuit. // Supreme Court Cases: The Twenty-first Century (2000 - Present);2009, p1
The article presents information on U.S. Supreme Court case Mobil Oil Exploration and Producing Southeast Inc. v. United States, case number 99-244, argued on March 22, 2000 and decided on June 26, 2000. The case involves a breach of contract filed by the petitioners, two oil exploration...
- Guidance on North Sea IDC transition rule. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p53
Discusses the meaning and the context of the transition rule contained in an industry specialization program coordinated issue paper relating to the North Sea intangible drilling costs. United States Internal Revenue Service's interpretation of the term `minority interest' in the transition...
- Crude Oil requirement to shoot-up. Aiyar, Sharada // Chemical Business;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the study that the crude oil demand is expected to soar in India by the year 2010. Channelization of investments to the exploration and production sector in order to meet the growing demand of crude; Projection in oil price increase.
- System manages seismic survey, processing // Offshore;Feb1988, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p41
No abstract available.
- Drilling revives in UK, Norway. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the revival of offshore oil drilling and exploration in Great Britain and in Norway. Delay of some programs in Britain; Increase of appraisal and exploration activity in Norway.
- Will the majors return to Somalia? George, Dev // Offshore;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p6
Reports on oil exploration in Somalia. Concessions granted to petroleum companies; Justification by Somalian government; Analysis by geologists at conference in London, 1991; Impact of civil war.
- OPEC. // Offshore;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p11
Reports on oil production quotas of Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).
- HP/HT challenges pipeline transport of crude production. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p18
Reports on an increase in the development of oil and gas fields featuring high pressure and temperature conditions. Problem of pipeline axial expansion; Impact of soil resistance; Repercussions for exposed pipelines.
- Chinese chase reserves with S-shaped well. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p18
Indicates that CNOOC of China may have drilled a S-shaped well in one of its' fields. Physical configurations of well.