Southern Bluefin Tuna Case: Australia and New Zealand v. Japan
- Japanese carrier sues country over 3G plans. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p8
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Softbank against the Japanese government in the Tokyo District Court in October 2004. Claims of Softbank against the government; Background on Softbank's legal team; Recommendations of the U.S. for the wireless industry in Japan.
- Sorry, Charlie. Nelson, Brett // Forbes Global;1/12/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the decline of bluefin tuna prices as of February 2004. Reason behind the decline; Percentage of the bluefin catch from the Atlantic Ocean acquired by the U.S.; Comparison on the bluefin caught in the Atlantic from 1996-2000 and in 2003; Condition of the competition between U.S. and...
- The fall of King Tuna. HOLDEN, SARA; McNEVIN, GREG // New Internationalist;Apr2010, Issue 431, p24
The article reports on a decision on the protection of the Atlantic bluefin tuna which is expected in April of 2010 from the Convention on the Trade in Endangered Species. The convention is expected to decide whether to add the species to its list of endangered species. The impact the decision...
- International Management of a High Seas Fishery: Political and Property-Rights Solutions and the Atlantic Bluefin. KORMAN, SETH // Virginia Journal of International Law;Feb2011, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p697
The article discusses the international management and property-rights solutions for high-seas fishery to address the environmental and Atlantic bluefin tuna species degradation caused by global trade, commerce, and industry. It looks into the failures of the said management, the impact of...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.