Inverse association of natural mentoring relationship with distress mental health in children orphaned by AIDS
- Agencies ignoring pleas from parents. // Community Care;8/15/2002, Issue 1435, p13
Provides information on the report 'Helping Children Make The Most of Life,' by Parentline Plus. Role of agencies for parents who worry about their children's mental and emotional health; Recommendations of the report; Key reasons for emotional and mental health problems.
- The State of Our Children's Mental Health. Chamalian, David // Exceptional Parent;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p85
Presents information on the report `National Action Agenda for Children's Mental Health,' by David Satcher. Goals for improved mental health services for children in the United States; Purpose of the agenda; Prevalence of mental illness in children.
- Staff changes at CASA House. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p43
Reports child psychiatrist Maurice Blackman and nurse manager Karen Pentelchuck have left CASA House, an Edmonton treatment center for disturbed juveniles that had been under investigation after complaints about the treatment of the children.
- Care system better than failed family reunification. // Community Care;7/1/2010, Issue 1825, p9
The article discusses a report by think-tank Demos, entitled "In Loco Parentis," which reveals that repeated efforts to reunite children with their birth families have a negative impact on children's mental health and future stability.
- Linking low-income families to children's mental health services: An outcome study. Koroloff, Nancy M.; Elliott, Debra J. // Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders;Jan1996, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p2
Describes the evaluation of an intervention designed to address barriers that impede access to children's mental health services for low-income families in the United States. Issue of service continuance; Concept of empowerment; Employing paraprofessionals to assist with service delivery.
- The Child and Adolescent Services Assessment (CASA): Description and psychometrics. Ascher, Barbara H.; Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. // Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders;Jan1996, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p12
Describes the use of the Child and Adolescent Services Assessment (CASA) as a self- and parent-report instrument designed to assess the use of mental health services by children eight to 18 years old in the United States. Using the Child Health Services Screen; Detailed Child Services Form;...
- Children's mental health service use across service sectors. Burns, Barbara J.; Costello, E. Jane // Health Affairs;Fall1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p147
Explores the roles of human service sectors in providing mental health services for children based on data provided by the Great Smoky Mountains Study of Youth, a study of psychopathology and mental health service use among children. Rates of mental health service use; Unmet need among children...
- Current prevention concepts in child and adolescent psychiatry. O'Brien, John D. // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Apr1991, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p261
Discusses conceptual and practical issues dealing with the implementation of prevention in child mental health. Focus on maternal mental disorder; Potential of previewing for primary prevention.
- Screening for psychosocial problems in 4-5-year-olds during routine EPSDT examinations: Validity... Pagano, Maria; Murphy, J. Michael // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1996, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p139
Examines the effectiveness of a psychosocial screening measure to meet federal requirements in 117 low-income preschool children. Percentage of children at risk for psychosocial problems; Parental ratings of children's problems in functioning; Decisions of pediatric clinicians to make mental...