Children's tooth decay in a public health program to encourage low-income pregnant women to utilize dental care
- Glasgow dentists treat children in Palestine. // British Dental Journal;2/13/2015, Vol. 218 Issue 3, p95
The article offers information on the dental charity entitled "Dental Aid Network (DAN)" that provides dental trips to impoverished areas to promote dental treatment.
- Improving oral healthcare for children - a great opportunity. Fayle, S. // British Dental Journal;6/8/2013, Vol. 214 Issue 11, p547
Changes in commissioning and contracting of NHS dental services will impact on oral healthcare delivery, providing new challenges and opportunities for children's oral healthcare. Now is the time to assess clinical networks and specialised services to understand how the oral healthcare needs of...
- Do public health nurses in Norway promote information on oral health? // BMC Oral Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p23
The article presents a study describing oral health counselling in Norway to parents with infants and toddlers, assessing existing collaboration and routines in oral health matters between nurses and personnel in the Public Dental Service (PDS), and evaluating to what extent oral health was...
- Throwing the curve. // Dental Practice Report;May2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the states that received A grades for promoting oral health in the United States. Programs that have the potential to greatly improve the nation's oral health; Activities of Arkansas' oral health coalition in relation to promoting dental health; California's expansion of its community...
- Self-perceived need for dental care. Dhanasekaran, Ramyaa; Nayar, Sanjna // Journal of Pharmacy & Bioallied Sciences;2015 Dental Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS98
Aims: The aim of this study is to evaluate the self-perceived need for dental care among medical professionals and general public. Setting and Design: (1) To determine the perceived oral health status. (2) To evaluate the results in understanding the perception of oral health. (3) To determine...
- New mouthwash. // British Dental Journal;9/23/2006, Vol. 201 Issue 6, p389
The article presents information on two products that will be launched by manufacturers of oral health products Dentaid in the London Dental Showcase 2006 exhibition. Chlorhexidine based mouthwash Perio.Aid is an alcohol free oral antiseptic formula. Halita is a 24 hour fresh breath spray that...
- Counties would get Medicaid funds under Texas' managed-care plan. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;6/19/95, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p86
Focuses on a revamp of Texas' Medicaid system that changes the state's diagnosis-related reimbursement system to a capitated one grounded in managed care. Provision of intergovernmental initiatives to all of the state's counties which would pay health plan providers on a per-capita basis.
- CONTINUING DENTAL EDUCATION TEST. // Dental Implantology Update;Feb2012 Supplement, p1
The article presents a questionnaire on oral care.
- Do you live in a great teeth state? Cohen, Marisa // Glamour;Jun2002, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p96
Presents the findings of a survey on the oral hygiene of Americans in the U.S. Percentage of Americans having annual dentist appointment; States with a dental grade of C; Identification of high percentage of brushers not using cavity-preventing fluoridated drinking water.