Running away experience and psychoactive substance use among adolescents in Taiwan: multi-city street outreach survey
- PrevalÃªncia e fatores associados com o consumo de substÃ¢ncias psicoativas por acadÃªmicos de enfermagem da Universidade de Passo Fundo. Picolotto, Eduardo; Casarin Libardoni, Luis Fernando; Belani Migott, Ana Maria; Consalter Geib, Lorena Teresinha // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p645
The objective of this epidemiologic transversal cut study was to investigate the consumption of psychoactive substances and their determinants between the nursery academics of the University of Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul State. 266 students, aging more than eighteen years old answered a...
- Report on Psychoactive Drug Use Among Adolescents Using Ayahuasca Within a Religious Context. Doering-Silveira, Evelyn; Grob, Charles S.; de Rios, Marlene Dobkin; Lopez, Enrique; Alonso, Luisa K.; Tacla, Cristiane; da Silveira, Dartiu Xavier // Journal of Psychoactive Drugs;Jun2005, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p141
Ritual use of ayahuasca within the context of the Brazilian ayahuasca churches often starts during late childhood or early adolescence. Premature access to psychoactive drugs may represent a risk factor for drug misuse. Conversely, religious affiliation seems to play a protective role in terms...
- Review: childhood ADHD increases the risk of nicotine use in adolescence and alcohol use in young adulthood. Lee, Steve S. // Evidence Based Mental Health;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p63
The author comments on Alice Charach and colleagues' meta-analysis of studies about the link between childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and substance use in adolescence and young adulthood. The meta-analysis found that childhood ADHD increases the risk of alcohol use in...
- The Epidemiology of Licit and Illicit Substance Use Among High School Students in Greece. Kokkevi, Anna; Stefanis, Costas // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1991, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p48
Findings on self-reported adolescent licit and illicit substance use are presented based on a nationwide 1984 probability sample of 11,058 Greek adolescent students ages 14-18 years old. Regular smoking and use of alcohol in the 30 days prior to the survey were reported by 22.3 percent and 82.8...
- EFFECTS OF ARIPIPRAZOLE ON ALCOHOL INTAKE IN AN ANIMAL MODEL OF HIGH-ALCOHOL DRINKING. Ingman, Kimmo; Kupila, Johanna; Hyytiä, Petri; Korpi, Esa R. // Alcohol & Alcoholism;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p391
Aims: This study examined the effects of aripiprazole, a novel atypical antipsychotic drug with partial agonist properties at dopamine D2 receptors, on the voluntary limited access alcohol drinking of alcohol-preferring AA (Alko, Alcohol) rats. Methods: AA rats were taught to drink 10% alcohol...
- EDITORS' INTRODUCTION International alcohol and drug monitoring systems. Macdonald, Scott; Stockwell, Tim // Contemporary Drug Problems;Fall/Winter2009, Vol. 36 Issue 3/4, p541
An introduction to the special section of the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on substance use treatment monitoring system, supervising alcohol use, and recommendations for alcohol consumption.
- 104th Congress--second session--1996. // Alcoholism Report;Nov96, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p7
Presents a chart on the bills filed at the US Congress as of November 1, 1996 concerning alcoholism and substance use. Includes alcohol policies; Advertising ban; Welfare reform.
- Dead-End Street. Mehta, Julie // Current Health 2;Feb2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the risks of running away from home for teenagers.
- Shifting categories of the social harms associated with alcohol: Examples from late medieval and early modern England. Warner, Jessica // American Journal of Public Health;Nov97, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p1788
This paper offers a historical perspective on our own attempts to define the social harms associated with the abuse of alcohol. Challenging the notion that categories are necessarily objective and constant, it instead emphasizes the extent to which even harms that are visible and thus...