Do consumers' preferences for improved provision of malaria treatment services differ by their socio-economic status and geographic location? A study in southeast Nigeria
- Malaria care seeking behavior of individuals in Ghana under the NHIS: Are we back to the use of informal care? Fenny, Ama Pokuaa; Asante, Felix A.; Enemark, Ulrika; Hansen, Kristian S. // BMC Public Health;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Malaria is Ghana's most endemic disease; occurring across most parts of the country with a significant impact on individuals and the health system as whole. Treatment seeking for malaria care takes various forms. The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) was introduced in 2004 to...
- Dying along the Ladder of Stratification: A view of Rural - Urban Dichotomy in Malaria Treatment among Pregnant Women in Ondo State. ONABANJO, Oluwasegun David; NWOKOCHA, Ezebunwa. E. // Gender & Behaviour;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4792
Studies on malaria related maternal mortality in Nigeria have focused largely on preventive behaviours and healthcare providers' knowledge of treatment regimen. However, negligible attention has been paid to rural - urban differentials and treatment patterns adopted by care seekers in relevant...
- Equity in health care: current situation in South Korea. Hong-Jun Cho // Journal of the Korean Medical Association / Taehan Uisa Hyophoe ;Mar2013, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p184
Health care has contributed improvement of health, however, it may aggravate health inequity if there is socioeconomic disparities in access to health care service or quality in health care. Health care interventions may cause health inequalities if there is difference in effectiveness among...
- New consumer health coaches begin preseason warmup. Burghard, Cynthia; Young, Janice // Managed Healthcare Executive;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on issues regarding consumer-driven healthcare in the managed care area in the U.S. Introduction of the concept of market-driven healthcare; Principle tenets of consumer-driven healthcare; Type of healthcare coach to interpret information and maximize technology-based tools.
- 'Customerizing' In the New Millennium. Kerfoot, Karlene // Urologic Nursing;Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p127
Comments on the influence of customers to health services. Preferences of health care consumers; Impact to the function of health services; Establishment of a balance customer relationship.
- CORRESPONDENCE. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/25/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6711, p1336
Focuses on the issue of health care management. Effectiveness of prophylaxis on the treatment of malaria; Derivation of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in general practice; Application of airline pilots hours to junior doctors.
- Do West Bengal and other provinces in India need reforming for a poor--friendly, safe, quality, and effective healthcare system instead of a health industry, public-private partnership, or health tourism for the rich and middle class society of the state or country? Bhattacharya, Pranab Kr. // Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health;May/Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p269
The article presents the author's comments on healthcare reform in West Bengal, India. It offers several suggestions to address the problem of slowing the cost of health care in the state. It is stated that there is a need for poor-friendly health system infrastructure in West Bengal. It...
- Comparison of mosquito nets, proguanil hydrochloride, and placebo to prevent malaria. Nevill, C.G.; Watkins, W.M.; Carter, J.Y.; Munafu, C.G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/6/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6645, p401
Compares the efficacy between mosquito nets, proguanil hydrochloride and placebo to prevent malaria among students in the Rift Valley west of Nairobi in Kenya. Verification of plasmodium falciparum concentration; Application of pyrimethamine sulfadoxine in the treatment; Applicability of both...
- Patrones de elecciÃ³n de marca en funciÃ³n de los cambios en los niveles de refuerzo utilitario e informacional en categorÃas de productos de consumo masivo. Escobar, Marithza Sandoval; Pinzón, Óscar Robayo; Vásquez, Juan Carlos Rincón; Cortés, Omar Fernando // Revista Latinoamericana de PsicologÃa;2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p497
The present study search for the existing relation between the conformation of the consumer patterns purchase and the changes in the utilitarian and informational reinforcement levels that the consumers obtain from the consumption of the chosen brands. It was used a panel methodology with a...