Long-term follow-up of beryllium sensitized workers from a single employer
- New tool to screen for chronic migraine. // American Nurse;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on a screening tool for diagnosing chronic migraine headaches provided by the nonprofit group HealthyWomen on its consumer health information website and offers information on the prevalence and negative impacts of chronic migraine.
- Steroid responsive metastatic epidural nerve root infiltration with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Agarwal, S.; Gabriel, C. M.; Campbell, V. L.; Marks, S. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Jan2010, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p55
The article discusses a case of steroid responsive metastatic epidural nerve root infiltration with chronic lymphocytic leukamia.
- Chronic Lymphocytosis with Lymphocyte Inclusions. Nardo, John M.; Norton, Walter L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb72, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p265
Describes the case of chronic lymphocytosis with lymphocyte inclusions. Background of the case; Information on differential diagnosis in patients with lymphocytosis; In vitro response to phytohemagglutinins.
- Reversible Beryllium Sensitization in a Prospective Study of Beryllium Workers. Rom, William N.; Lockey, James E.; Ki Moon Bang; Dewitt, Charles; Johns Jr., Richard E. // Archives of Environmental Health;Sep/Oct83, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p302
Presents a study of chronic beryllium disease among beryllium workers in Utah. Description of the blastogenic lymphocytes transformation (LT)to beryllium salts in lavage and blood lymphocytes of patients; Evaluation of the relationship between LT and beryllium exposure; Consistency of pulmonary...
- Proliferative Response of Bronchoalveolar Lymphocytes to Beryllium. Rossman, Milton D.; Kern, Jeffrey A.; Elias, Jack A.; Cullen, Mark R.; Epstein, Paul E.; Preuss, Otto P.; Markham, Thomas N.; Daniele, Ronald P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May88, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p687
Presents a study which determined whether the proliferative response of bronchoalveolar lymphocytes to beryllium salts is useful for diagnosing chronic beryllium disease. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Identification of a new monoclonal B-cell subset in unaffected first-degree relatives in familial chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Aurran-Schleinitz, T.; Telford, W.; Perfetto, S.; Caporaso, N.; Wilson, W.; Stetler-Stevenson, M.A.; Zenger, V.E.; Abbasi, F.; Marti, G.E. // Leukemia (08876924);Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p2339
The article presents a letter to the editor about a study on oncogenic and cellular characterization of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Achieving Optimal Outcomes in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia. Hamblin, T.J. // Drugs;Mar2001, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p593
Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) is a disease of late middle age and older. The majority of patients are diagnosed because of a lymphocytosis of at least 5 x 10/L on an incidental blood count. It needs to be distinguished from mantle cell lymphoma and splenic marginal zone lymphoma by...
- A Shot in the Dark: Failing to Recognize the Link Between Physical and Mental Illness. Copsey Spring, Tammy R.; Yanni, Leanne M.; Levenson, James L. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p677
A 74-year-old widowed white man with chronic rheumatoid arthritis presented with nausea arid weight loss. He was diagnosed with failure to thrive arid admitted for hydration. Misoprostol was determined to be the etiology of his symptoms and he was discharged home. Three days later, he killed...
- Screening Infants for Disease. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1970, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p568
The article reports on the diagnosis of Infants. As pediatrics moves towards prevention and early detection of disease, the logistics of screening methods must come under study. A good screening procedure should combine high discrimination with low cost. Apart from these organized screening...