Status of implementation of Framework Convention on Tobacco control (FCTC) in Ghana: a qualitative study
- WORLD: NEW WHO REPORT. Mackay, Judith // Tobacco Control;Apr2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p78
The article focuses on a comprehensive analysis of global tobacco use and control launched by the World Health Organization (WHO). It states that the report, funded by the Bloomberg Philanthropies, states that the global tobacco epidemic is included in the greatest public health threats of...
- Cigarettes are too cheap, study finds. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p339
Presents the results of a study by the World Health Organization on the prices of tobacco products in developing countries. Tobacco death projections in 2002; International support for the increases in tobacco taxes; Methods of controlling tobacco consumption.
- Tobacco taking toll on world's health, children. // Nation's Health;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p1
Reveals the results of a survey by the World Health Organization citing the incidence of smoking in children in developing countries. Countries that were surveyed; Statistics on children who have admitted to having smoked; Activities that were recommended to reduce tobacco use; Prediction on...
- World Health Organization Focuses on Antitobacco Efforts in Developing Nations Through Treaty. Brower, Vicki // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;5/17/2006, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p667
The article presents the antitobacco efforts in developing nations of the World Health Organization (WHO). In many low and middle income countries, tobacco use is increasing through the years. The WHO is trying to lower the number of tobacco users in the world. The primary weapon of the WHO...
- Editor's preface. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/01/99, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p1537
Editorial. Profiles Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, elected Director-General of the World Health Organization and his aggressive stance against manufacture and distribution of tobacco products. Global epidemic of tobacco use; His urge to put tobacco products under the purview of food and drug...
- War against smoking goes worldwide. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;10/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 227, p1
Reports that tobacco-smoking will be a topic of discussion at a meeting of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland in 2000. Number of smokers in the world and their primary location in developing countries; Ties between the cigarette industry and governments; Statement by...
- China Ratifies International Tobacco Treaty. Travis, Kate // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;10/5/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 19, p1404
Reports on the move of China to ratify the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, a global treaty aimed at curbing tobacco use. Estimation of death related to tobacco smoking in the country; Details on the provisions of the treaty; Number of countries who ratified the tobacco treaty.
- Kick out tobacco campaign. // African Business;Jan2010, Issue 360, p8
The article reports on the campaign of World Health Organization (WHO) to stop anti-smoking campaign in Africa.
- Equal rights. // New Scientist;7/22/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1987, p12
Mentions statistics related to effects of smoking on women's health and mortality rates, as reported by the World Health Organization.