Health and science winners in Obama budget
- AHA says president's deficit reduction plan is too tough on both health care and jobs. // AHA News;9/26/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the claim by the American Hospital Association (AHA) in mid-September 2011 that the proposal by U.S. President Barack Obama to reduce Medicare by 248 billion dollars and Medicaid by 72 billion dollars in 10 years will adversely affect both health care and jobs. The...
- Obama offers harsh cuts to fund reform. Berger, Liza // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the recommendation of U.S. President Barack Obama to reduce spending in Medicare and Medicaid by $313 billion in 2019. It notes that the recommendation was made to help pay for healthcare reform in the country. It mentions that the planned spending cuts would include $14.4...
- Highlights of Obama's Proposed 2011 Budget. Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p74
The article presents highlights of the fiscal year (FY) 2011 budget proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama for the health care sector, which was released on February 1, 2010 and will take effect October 1, 2010. The proposal has called for a reduction in Medicare expenditures by 722 million...
- With President's Reelection, Fate of ACA No Longer Hangs in the Balance. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec2012, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on the future of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) following the reelection of U.S. President Barack Obama. It mentions that Obama's reelection is a sign that many supports the healthcare reform, as healthcare providers move toward building a value-based delivery system. However,...
- PROPOSED FEDERAL BUDGET DRAWS MIXED REVIEWS FROM MEDICAL GROUPS. // Medical Economics;4/25/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the reactions of the medical organizations to the budget proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama for 2014, which could reduce Medicare spending over 10 years.
- Obama Wants $75B in Cuts to Federal Drug Spending. Young, Donna // BioWorld Today;6/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 114, p1
The article focuses on U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed Medicare and Medicaid spending cuts. His proposal include spending cuts on prescription drugs and biologics under Medicare Part D. It is estimated that health care reform costs will amount to $1 trillion. Obama says the objectives of...
- Obama's Medicaid Idea Gives Democrats Jitters. // Human Events;7/4/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 24, p4
The article discusses the concern of Democrats on the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to adjust the funds allocated to the Children's Health Insurance Program and Medicaid.
- States get help with Medicaid costs. // Chain Drug Review;8/30/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the bill signed by U.S. President Barack Obama to provide funds worth 26 billion dollars which include 16 billion dollars to Medicaid costs and 10 billion dollars to education.
- Significant Proposed Changes for Federal Health Care Programs in President's Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Plan. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2013 Q2, p1
The article reports on the proposed changes to the federal health care programs included in the fiscal year 2014 budget plan released by U.S. President Barack Obama on April 10, 2013. Obama aims to save 400 billion dollars from changes to federal health programs, including Medicaid and Medicare....