Infestation of the eyelashes with Phthirus pubis
- Dexamethasone/temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;11/7/2009, Issue 1277, p17
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old woman with glioblastoma who developed disseminated strongyloidiasis while receiving treatment with dexamethasone and temozolomide. Particular focus is given to her dosing regimen. She experienced poor appetite, generalised fatigue and weight loss....
- Full-Thickness Eyelid Lesions in Sarcoidosis. Collins, Megan E.; Petronic-Rosic, Vesna; Sweiss, Nadera J.; Marcet, Marcus M. // Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine;2013, p1
Eyelid involvement in sarcoidosis is very rare. A search of the medical literature indicates one previous report of sarcoidosis with destructive eyelid lesions.We describe the case of a 50-year-oldwomanwith severe systemic sarcoidosis, which included her eyelids. To our knowledge, the case...
- Ectopia cilia with pedigree analysis: Second case report in the world. Goyal, Tarang; Varshney, Anupam; Bakshi, S. K. // Indian Journal of Human Genetics;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p185
We present a case of ectopia cilia in a 28-year-old male patient. Ectopia cilia was were seen in the outer third of left upper eyelid. The patient's maternal grandfather also had ectopia cilia of the left upper eyelid as reported by the patient's mother. Ectopia cilia is a rare condition seen in...
- Anterior lamellar excision and laissez-faire healing for aberrant lashes in ocular cicatricial pemphigoid. Kadyan, A.; Barry, R.; Murray, A. // Eye;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p990
PurposeTo describe the outcomes of a simple technique of anterior lamellar excision (ALE) with laissez-faire healing for management of aberrant lashes in ocular cicatricial pemphigoid (OCP).MethodsProspective interventional case series.ResultsSeven OCP patients underwent grey line split and ALE...
- Living with invisible chronic illness with dignity. Donoghue, Paul J.; Siegel, Mary E. // MidLife Woman;Jun96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Provides information about invisible chronic illnesses in middle-aged women. Psychological distress; Skills for learning to cope effectively with invisible chronic illness; Names of organizations that offer support for those dealing with specific diseases.
- Some of the more common chronic illnesses. // MidLife Woman;Jun96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p6
Provides information about some of the more common chronic illnesses affecting middle aged women in the United States. Charcot-Marie-tooth disease; Chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome; Emphysema; Endometriosis.
- Depression at midlife. // MidLife Woman;Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on depression among women at midlife. Debate over menopausal depression; Theories about why women suffer more depression than men; Symptoms of depression; Contributing factors that can lead to the development of depression in women; Social issues; Chronic illness and pain; Treatment...
- DERMA Diagnosis. Monroe, Joe R. // Clinician Reviews;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
A quiz about poikiloderma of Civatte in a 50-year-old woman is presented.
- Functional status and hearing impairments in women at midlife. Pope, Sandra K.; Sowers, MaryFran // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;May2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, pS190
Addresses the prevalence of clinically assessed high-frequency hearing impairments (HFHI) and self-reported hearing impairments (SRHI) of among women at midlife in the United States. Influence of bilateral HFHI on limited mental functioning; Relation of SRHI with limited physical and mental...