Second neoplasm: 31-year latency after childhood leukemia
- Postdural puncture headache: a neglected complication after lumbar puncture and intrathecal chemotherapy in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Apiliogullari, Seza; Arun, Oguzhan; Celik, Derya // International Journal of Clinical Oncology;Aug2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p769
No abstract available.
- Oncology getting closer to curing pediatric ALL. // Hem/Onc Today;12/25/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p19
The article presents findings of several studies on the discovery of new treatments for pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Association of Factor V Leiden Mutation with Pediatric Acute lymphoblastic Leukemia in Kermanshah Province. Rahimi, Zohreh; Rahimi, Ziba; Akramipour, Reza; Mozafari, Hadi; Yari, Kheirollah; Golpaygani, Mohammad-Reza; Shahriari-Ahmadi, Ali // International Journal of Hematology-Oncology & Stem Cell Researc;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p26
Introduction: Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common pediatric malignancy. The risk of thrombophilia increases in patients with ALL during chemotherapy. The present study aimed to investigate the frequency of factor V Leiden (FVL) mutation in children with acute lymphoblastic...
- Pediatric cancer, adult medicine. Pollak, Suzanne // Washington Jewish Week;1/8/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia of 11-year old Jamey Sultan, which has to be treated by clinically approved drugs for adults due to lack of research studies for pediatric cancer.
- SLEEP, FATIGUE, AND DEXAMETHASONE IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS WITH ACUTE LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIA (ALL). Hinds, Pam; Hockenberry, Marilyn; Srivastava, Deo Kumar; Gattuso, Jami; Jones, Heather; West, Nancy; Xin Tong // Oncology Nursing Forum;Jan2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p197
The significant curative contributions of dexamethasone in the treatment of children and adolescents with ALL have not occurred without adverse events including altered sleep and fatigue patterns. Changes in these patterns may be the first observable indicators of sensitivity to the drug or its...
- Clinical implication of thiopurine methyltransferase polymorphism in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: A preliminary Egyptian study. El-Rashedy, Farida H.; Ragab, Seham Mohammed; Dawood, Ashraf A.; Temraz, Shaymaa A. // Indian Journal of Medical & Paediatric Oncology;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p265
Background: 6-mercaptopurine (6-MP) is an essential component of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) maintenance therapy. Individual variability in this drug-related toxicity could be attributed in part to genetic polymorphism thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT). Aim: To investigate the...
- Overexpression of BCL2 and BAX following BFM induction therapy predicts ch-ALL patients' poor response to treatment and short-term relapse. Stamati, Lamprini; Avgeris, Margaritis; Kosmidis, Helen; Baka, Margarita; Anastasiou, Theodora; Piatopoulou, Despina; Scorilas, Andreas; Gourgiotis, Dimitrios // Journal of Cancer Research & Clinical Oncology;Nov2015, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p2023
Purpose: The identification of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ch-ALL) patients who are at a higher risk of chemotherapy resistance and relapse is essential for successful treatment decisions, despite the application of novel therapies. The aim of the study is the evaluation of BCL2 and...
- Profile of imatinib in pediatric leukemia. Burke, Michael J. // Pediatric Health, Medicine & Therapeutics;2014, Vol. 5, p1
Using targeted therapy for treatment of cancer has become the paradigm to which clinical trials aspire. Imatinib, the BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), was the first of its kind to specifically target and inhibit the underlying Philadelphia chromosome (Ph+) oncogene found to be driving...
- AnÃ¡lisis de la atenciÃ³n de las complicaciones durante el tratamiento de niÃ±os con leucemia linfoblÃ¡stica aguda. Zapata-Tarrés, Marta; Klünder-Klünder, Miguel; Cicero-Oneto, Carlo; Rivera-Luna, Roberto; Ortega-Ríos Velasco, Fernando; Cortés Gallo, Gabriel; Dorantes-Acosta, Elisa // Boletin Medico del Hospital Infantil de Mexico;may/jun2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p218
Background. Infectious, hematologic and metabolic complications in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) can be successfully treated. The objective of this study was to determine the clinical characteristics of patients with complications that contribute to mortality in children with...