Tough choices: private sale of drugs in public hospitals
- Claims of medical malpractice may go to arbitration. Turner, Shawn A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p1
The article presents information about the formation of a new regulation regarding medical malpractice claims in Ohio state. It is reported that the state Legislature is considering a bill that would establish a Northeast Ohio pilot program in which all medical malpractice claims would go...
- POLICY IN THE MAKING. // Motor Age;May2003, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p1
This article presents information about development of policies related to the automotive industry of the U.S. as of May 2003. Associated Health Plans for small businesses has gained more support from federal agency administrators and legislators, as was demonstrated at a recent press...
- UTAH: Debt, Be Not Proud. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33494, p7
The article reports on the bill signed by Governor Gary Herbert to furnish bonding authority for the reconstruction of Utah State Hospital worth 83 million dollars.
- $1 Trillion Hospital Bill Fast Approaching. // O&P Business News;2/1/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p66
The article reports on the coming of the hospital bill in the U.S. health market. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the charges for hospitals have increased to 90% when the bill was aligned for inflation. The researchers estimated that the annual national hospital bill...
- Uninsured in Hampshire County, MA, turn to Hampshire Health Access for care. // AHA News;10/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p2
Features the Hampshire Health Access program offered in Hampshire County in Massachusetts. Primary care and medical services offered in the program; Eligibility for the program; Benefits of the program for people who don't qualify for Medicaid.
- N.A.D.A. TRAINING LAUNCHES NEW MESCALERO PROGRAMS. Powers, Greg; Cooley, Laura // Guidepoints: Acupuncture in Recovery;Jun2002, p3
Reports the launch of the Mescalero program by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association in New Mexico. Formation of an acupuncture detoxification training center on the reservation; Establishment of an employee assistance programs; Development of a complementary medicine branch.
- Memphis Culture Group Expands Service. Dugger III, A. J. // Tennessee Tribune;9/11/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p11B
The article reports on the expansion of services by Memphis Kwanzaa International, a cultural organization in Memphis, Tennessee, through the addition of new preventive healthcare programs.
- Correction. // Nature Medicine;Jan2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p7
A correction to the article "Stanford program gives discoveries a shot at commercialization" that was published in the November 2011 issue is presented.
- Working to stem the Medicaid pinch. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p9
Reports on the state reduction of revenue for medical aid program in Indiana. Representation of different industries on averting the fiscal crisis; Withdrawal of state officials on reduced pharmacist reimbursements ruling; Emphasis on shift of nursing homes to home placement.