All eyes on Alberta
- Different routes to regionalization. Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/9/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p330
The article reports on the regionalization of healthcare in Canada which vary in size and power. It notes that former director Denise Kouri has said that the health care system in Canada is difficult to evaluate as a system due to its varied implementation. It adds that Canadian Healthcare...
- Look for Center's brochure on resources. // AHA News;4/18/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p4
Offers information on the Center for Healthcare Governance. Overview of a brochure to be issued by the center for American Hospital Association members; Purpose of the center.
- Embracing change and innovation. Tamlyn, Deborah // Canadian Nurse;Feb2006, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p3
Emphasizes the need for change and innovation in government, health care and nursing in Canada. Demands in nursing; Challenges facing the Canadian Nurses Association; Actions that must be done to improve health care services and the nursing profession.
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE CORNER. Sutton, Ernest R. // Trustee;Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the Center for Healthcare Governance in the U.S. Benefits of membership in the organization; Goal of the Center; Membership structure.
- Interview with ACHE's Incoming Chairman. May, Ellen Lanser // Healthcare Executive;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Presents an interview with Richard Henault, who assumes office as chairman of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) in February 2004. Career in healthcare management; ACHE's contribution to his success as a healthcare executive; Lessons learned in healthcare management; Changes...
- 2004 Congress on Healthcare Management. // Healthcare Executive;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p33
Announces the 2004 Congress on Healthcare Management hosted by the American College of Healthcare Executives designed for health services administrators. Seminar on improving performance through strategic and financial planning; Trends in health care; Opening address on how the 2004...
- Is regionalization working? Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/9/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p331
The article discusses the benefits and failures of the regionalization of health care services in Canada. It states that society president Karl Stobbe of the Society of Rural Physicians of Canada has said that regionalization caused the closure of smalltown hospitals. It adds that Canadian...
- IN THE NEWS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p4
Reports on developments involving associations and institutions related to health care industry in the U.S. Introduction of the safe medication administration tool kit; Problems of hospitals in funding information technology projects; Development of preparedness resource inventory.
- Plan now to be in Providence. Cerquone, Joseph // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Feb2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p36
Previews the American College of Health Care Administrators' Annual Conference and Exposition in Providence, Rhode Island from April 16 to 19, 2005. Theme of the conference; Topics that will be discussed in the event; Sponsors of the event.