Flu toll on the economy
- Swine flu: Call to suspend Working Time Directive may be premature. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;8/4/2009, p25
The article focuses on the comments of Constanze Hewson, partner at international law firm Eversheds, on European Working Time Directive (WTD) to be applicable in Great Britain. Hewson said that the call to suspend the WTD in light of the swine-flu epidemic may be premature, as the legislation...
- Swine flu: NHS insists it is ready for the Working Time Directive. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;8/4/2009, p26
The article reports that Great Britain's National Health Service (NHS) has insisted it is ready for the Working Time Directive (WTD), despite calls for it to be postponed in light of the swine-flu pandemic. The directive will introduce a 48-hour maximum working week for doctors from August 1,...
- Pandemic Management in a Pediatric Hospital. Ratnapalan, Savithiri; Martimianakis, Maria Athina (tina); Cohen-Silver, Justine H.; Minnes, Bruce; Macgregor, Daune; Allen, Upton; Richardson, Susan E.; Friedman, Jeremy N.; Bruce-Barrett, Cindy; Haj-Assaad, Lutfi; Noordermeer, Judy; Daneman, Denis // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr2013, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p322
Objectives. To describe our experiences in the management of the second wave of influenza A H1N1 (pH1N1) pandemic in a tertiary-care childrenâ€™s hospital. Methods. An autoethnographic study of the pandemic planning and management committee members involved in managing the second wave of...
- HR experts: Employers need to plan for H1N1 contingencies. Delore, Traci Gregory // Business Journal (Central New York);11/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p7
The article focuses on a survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) which claims that the government estimates that 40% of the work force will get swine influenza in 2009-2010 in the U.S. Human-resources professionals encourages employers to plan how to handle an...
- Emergency plans for pandemic get live test. // Hospital Home Health;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p64
No abstract available.
- (SWINE FLU) Everything Seniors Need to Know About the Flu but Were Afraid to Ask. // Aging News Alert;10/2/2009, p8
A webcast featuring the latest information about swine flu and the new Influenza A (H1N1) virus conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is discussed.
- Flu outbreaks. // GP: General Practitioner;2/26/2010, p10
The article focuses on a report, according to which, low atmospheric humidity in cold weather could help in understanding why flu outbreaks occur in winter.
- HIV clinicians and patients should prepare now for fall pandemic flu. // AIDS Alert;Jun2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p61
No abstract available.
- New gown policy gains traction in pandemic panic. Frederick, Eric L. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's comments on what to do in case of the outbreak of H1N1 influenza.