New Inuit centre hopes to influence research agenda
- National Climate Change Adaption Strategy. // Australasian Parks & Leisure;Winter2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the National Climate Change Adaptation Strategy Research Facility which the Australian government has created to conduct research and provide information vital in managing risks of climate change in critical areas.
- Call to halt shale gas activity. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2011, Issue 836, p14
The article reports on the call made by the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research to the British government to suspend shale gas drilling pending further research.
- Modeling Rainfall Over Burkina Faso. // CO2 Science;5/21/2014, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p5
The article presents a study on the impact of climate change on rainfall over Burkina Faso in the West African Sahel. Simulations of five Regional Climate Models (RCM) are compared to Global Climate Models (GCM). Implications of the lack of correspondence in these results on the certainty of...
- Untitled. Kessler, Elisabeth // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4/5, p175
Focuses on the Swedish Regional Climate Modelling Programme, a research network to address climate change. Significance of global climate models in understanding the changes; Information on the Swedish Regional Climate Modelling Programme; Achievements of the research network.
- Linking Inuit knowledge and meteorological station observations to understand changing wind patterns at Clyde River, Nunavut. Gearheard, Shari; Pocernich, Matthew; Stewart, Ronald; Sanguya, Joelie; Huntington, Henry // Climatic Change;May2010, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p267
Connecting indigenous and scientific observations and knowledge has received much attention in the Arctic, not least in the area of climate change. On some levels, this connection can be established relatively easily, linking observations of similar phenomena or of various effects stemming from...
- Climate change adaptation and development I: the state of the debate. Ayers, Jessica; Dodman, David // Progress in Development Studies;Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p161
The article discusses the significant relation between climate change and development. It explores the concepts of climate change adaptation and development. It highlights the importance of climate change adaptation and development towards field of development studies. It further presents an...
- The Bumpy Road to Reduced Carbon Emissions. Friedman, Robert M.; Bierbaum, Rosina M. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
Discusses the efforts of the U.S. government to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Improvement in the scientific understanding of climate change; Federal spending on energy technology research and development; Need to curtail the growth in world energy emissions.
- Macro to Micro Viewpoint of Climate Change--Linking Karnataka to Global Issue. Nautiyal, Sunil // Natural Resources (2158-706X);Mar2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p22
A numerous studies have been done on climate change at regional, national and global levels. Several climate models have predicted the global scenarios for climate in different parts of the world. However, the significance and practical implementation of such models at local level yet to be...
- Counting the costs of climate change. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/9/2008, Issue 546, p2
The article discusses research being done on climate change. It references studies conducted by I. Roberts and A.J. McMichael et al, published in the January 2008 issue of the "British Medical Journal." According to Roberts, the costs of taking action to stabilise the climate will be high but...