Food insecurity among Inuit preschoolers: Nunavut Inuit Child Health Survey, 2007--2008
- Growth and Development in Chinese Pre-Schoolers with Picky Eating Behaviour: A Cross-Sectional Study. Xue, Yong; Zhao, Ai; Cai, Li; Yang, Baoru; Szeto, Ignatius M. Y.; Ma, Defu; Zhang, Yumei; Wang, Peiyu // PLoS ONE;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Objective: To explore the associations between picky eating behaviour and pre-schoolersâ€™ growth and development. Corresponding potential mechanisms, such as nutrient and food subgroup intake, as well as micronutrients in the blood, will be considered. Methods: Picky eating behaviour was...
- Exclusive breastfeeding duration during the first 6 months of life is positively associated with length-for-age among infants 6-12 months old, in Mangochi district, Malawi. Kamudoni, P; Maleta, K; Shi, Z; Holmboe-Ottesen, G // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Jan2015, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p96
Objectives:To examine the association between breastfeeding pattern and growth in the first year of life.Methods:A cross-sectional survey was carried out on 349 mothers with infants <12 months in a rural and a semi-urban community in Mangochi district, Malawi. Data on socio-demographic...
- Social determinants and lifestyle risk factors only partially explain the higher prevalence of food insecurity among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the Australian state of Victoria: a cross-sectional study. Markwick, Alison; Ansari, Zahid; Sullivan, Mary; McNeil, John // BMC Public Health;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p668
Background The prevalence of food insecurity is substantially higher among Australians of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. The purpose of this study is to explain the relationship between food insecurity and Aboriginal and Torres Islander status in the state of Victoria. Methods...
- DIETARY PATTERNS OF INFANT AND PRESCHOOL CHILDREN IN MWINGI AND MAKUENI DISTRICTS OF UKAMBANI REGION, EASTERN KENYA. Ndiku, Mueni; Jaceldo-Siegl, K.; Sabaté, J. // African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition & Development;Jul2010, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p2804
A cross -sectional study was conducted in the Ukambani region of eastern Kenya to describe dietary patterns of infants and preschool children. The purpose of the study was to provide region specific data on dietary patterns of children living in Mwingi (MW) a region that mainly grows pearl...
- FOOD FIGHT. // Children's Ministry;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on child nutrition wherein researchers from the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research say that most preschoolers can tell the difference between junk food and healthy food.
- Association of moderate and severe food insecurity with suicidal ideation in adults: national survey data from three Canadian provinces. Davison, Karen; Marshall-Fabien, Gillian; Tecson, Angela // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Jun2015, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p963
Purpose: Although the important public health issues of food insecurity and suicide may be interconnected, they are rarely studied. Using data from a national survey, we examined whether household food insecurity was associated with suicidal ideation after adjusting for relevant covariates....
- An Analysis of Cross Sectional Survey Data of Stunting Among Palestinian Children Less Than Five Years of Age. Gordon, Nahida; Halileh, Samia // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1288
The object of this study is to report on determinants of stunting, defined as low height for age, among children in the occupied Palestinian territories. Using 2006-2007 cross sectional survey data collected by the Palestine Central Bureau of Statistics and using multivariate mixed model...
- Top five most read stories online. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/23/2012, Vol. 112 Issue 4286, p10
The article presents the five most read stories online including the launch of first national guidelines for early years nutrition, the inspection of nurseries after major complaints, and the Early Years Foundation Stage's (EYFS's) plans to cut red tape in welfare.
- Kidzee holds seminar on eating right. // Mother & Baby;Sep2015, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses a seminar on nutrition of preschool children that was held in Pune, India in August 2015.