Fremantle Port deepening: first dredger arrives
- World's largest dredger not enough for Jan De Nul. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the launching Vasco da Gama, a dredging ship, from the Thyssen Nordseewerke Yard in Emden, Germany. Capacity of the dredger; Company which constructed the dredger; Target market of the dredger.
- Latest addition to UKD's fleet. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2000, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
Features the UKD Seahorse workboat built for UK Dredging. Capabilities and designated tasks; Benefits of its multicat form.
- Barge Rediscovered in Edinburgh. King, Robert // Maritime Life & Traditions;Fall2005, Issue 28, p78
Reports on the discovery of a nineteenth-century barge buried in the banks of the Edinburgh and Glasgow Union Canal, Scotland in February 2004. Description of the barge; Historical background of the Union canal; Scope of the study being undertaken on the barge.
- Port Notes. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2005, p2
The article presents updates on ports. Groningen Seaports (GS) is to invest about 30million euro in the Netherlands' Port of Eemshaven to extend its 400m dry bulk quay by 350m and excavate a new harbor for short sea shipping with a 10ha terminal. GS is already negotiating with an industrial...
- MV Julia docks in Cork. // Engineers Journal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p468
The article reports on the arrival of the vessel, MV Julia, in Cork, Ireland. The vessel will resume the Swansea Cork Ferry service from March 2010. A reception was held in Cork to celebrate the arrival. The firm, Fastnet Line purchased the vessel, MV Julia. Among the attendees in the reception...
- 'VejÅ«nas.'. // Ausmarine;Feb2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p24
The article evaluates the scientific research vessel "VejÅ«nas," owned by the Lithuanian Ministry of Environment and built by Baltic Workboats.
- New to the Waterweg fleet: Coastal Explorer and Coastal Mate. de Hass, Henk // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16A
Focuses on Coastal Explorer and the Coastal Mate, the workboats added to the fleet of Rederij Waterweg BV. Features of the Coastal Explorer; Tasks applicable to the Coastal Explorer; Range of activities suitable for Coastal Mate; Specifications of the workboats; Partnership of Rederij Waterweg...
- Total AMS. Brown, Mike // Ausmarine;Jul2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p44
The article profiles Total AMS, a company based in Fremantle, Western Australia that supplies marine and harbor workboats and installs mooring equipment for ports along the coastlines of western and northern Australia. Among the projects completed by Total AMS in 2011 and 2012 was a contract for...
- Massive New Building Breaks Records. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2001, p6
Reports on the construction of the rock cutter dredger CO1234 at the IHC Shipyard in Kinderdijk for Jan De Nul as of December 2001. Engine and pump power; Weight of dredge ladder; Depth capability in dredging operations.