Rotary joins four maritime organisations to fight depression
- The mental health of seafarers -- good news and bad news. Iversen, Robert // Ausmarine;Dec2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p5
The author deals with issues concerning the mental health of seafarers particularly in Australia. He cites that the working conditions of seafarers can result to anxiety, depression and suicide. He notes that cases of suicides among seafarers accounted for 2% and 1.5% of all deaths in Australia...
- Aftercare of depressed inpatients: Service delivery and unmet needs. Ramana, R.; Paykel, E. S.; Melzer, D.; Mehta, M. A.; Surtees, P. G. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p109
Background In contrast to acute treatment, delivery of aftercare to depressed patients has not been well studied. Poor care may contribute to poor outcomes for treated depression. Methods One hundred and two patients discharged from hospital with unipolar depression were followed up 18 months...
- A ONE-TWO PUNCH FOR TWO OF WINTER'S SIDE EFFECTS. // Running & FitNews;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Provides information on several treatments for seasonal affective depression.
- Feeling Blue? Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Hammers, Maryann // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
Presents information on study which states that an average person feels down about three days a month.
- WHEN A FRIEND IS DEPRESSED. Gumper, Bethany; Sherman, Alexa Joy // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p114
Presents suggestions for helping someone to overcome mental depression.
- Depression briefing. // Crain's Detroit Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p19
Cites the symptoms of depression. Includes loss of interest or pleasure in ordinary activities; Feelings of guilt, worthlessness or helplessness; Thoughts of death or suicide; Irritability; Excessive crying; Complaints of unexplained aches and pains.
- THINGS FALL APART. Carroll, Denolyn // Essence (Essence);Dec2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p90
Presents information on clinical depression. Symptoms; Prevalence; Treatment.
- Efforts for integrating strategies in mental health care for people with depression in cooperation with NGOs and with education system support. Vesna, Zupancic; Majda, Pahor // International Journal of Integrated Care (IJIC);Nov2013 Supplement, Vol. 13, p1
Purpose: The contribution presents the Slovenian mental health care system for people with depression and an example of a personal methodological approach to studying the processes of integrating care strategies into primary and secondary healthcare and integrated care according to the needs of...
- Guess who will get DEPRESSED FIRST? // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Oct2002, p55
Assesses the risk of depression in several individuals. Background of the individuals; Risk factors; Protective factors.