- Congress' New Answer to Newtown (Guest Cartoonist). PETERS, MIKE // Moderate Voice;04/21/2013, p2
The article presents a political cartoon on the efforts of the U.S. Congress on gun control following the shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Red-state Democrat senators use caution in debate over gun control. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;12/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 146, p13
The article reports on the caution practiced by some Democrats in the U.S. Senate regarding the issues on gun control.
- Congress Doesn't Care About Americans. Bannon, Brad // U.S. News Digital Weekly;4/12/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p20
The author emphasizes that the U.S. Congress ignores public opinion and cites the stance of Congressional members on the issue of gun control as an example.
- Gun Control Proposals Pending In The Current Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec75, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p295
Reports on bills relating to the production, importation, possession or use of firearms that are lying pending before the 94th U.S. Congress as of December 1, 1975. Description of different firearms statutes; Restrictions to be imposed on Saturday Night Specials; Bills related to registration...
- States trigger federal action. Cohan, Paul // State Government News;Aug94, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the approval of a gun control legislation by the United States Congress. Gun control policies; Influence of state action on Congress; Legislative ban on semiautomatic weapons; Efforts of state legislators to pass ban legislation due to rising level of gun-related crimes; Reaction of...
- Debate over guns shifts to Capitol Hill. Lillis, Mike // Hill;1/30/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the transfer of the discussions regarding gun violence in the U.S. from the White House to Capitol Hill, since senators are launching the U.S. Congress' investigation of U.S. President Barack Obama's plans to deal with the issue.
- Nation of cowards on guns. PRESS, BILL // Hill;7/28/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 78, p21
The author reflects on the lack of action from the Congress to propose gun safety measures and universal background checks on people with firearms to address the growing number of mass shooting in the U.S.
- When the personal became political. Passero, Kathy // Biography;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p58
Features United States Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.). Her fight to lobby for tighter gun control; Cause of running as a congressional candidate; Topics which she raised her opinions since taking office.
- Legislative Background on Gun Violence Prevention. // Congressional Digest;Mar2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p18
The article looks at gun control in the United States as of March 2013, outlining federal actions and proposals related to firearms regulation and gun violence reduction following the December 2012 mass shooting at a Newtown, Connecticut, elementary school. It notes that both U.S. President...