- SWOT Analysis. // Israel Defence & Security Report;Q1 2010, p6
The article presents an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in Israel's security, defence, politics, economy and business environment as of the first quarter of 2010 by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). In terms of economy, their workforce is highly...
- The Dark Side of the Special Relationship. Raimondo, Justin // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p21
The article analyzes the relations between the U.S. and Israel when it comes to national interest and security. Israel is said to be one of the closest allies of the U.S. But following the discovery of spies in the U.S. for Israel, relations between the two countries have reportedly resulted to...
- 1 Year after Gaza Massacre: Over 500 Academics and Cultural Workers Call for Boycott. // Catholic New Times;2/1/2010, p7
The article discusses the establishment of the U.S. Campaign for an Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (USACBI) in response to Israel's indiscriminate assault on the Gaza Strip. It cites the academic endorsers of the campaign, including Chandra Talpade Mohanty, Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak...
- How Special Is Israel? // America;8/21/1982, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p83
The article reflects on the special treatment given by the U.S. to Israel in relation to the latter's invasion of Lebanon and siege of West Beirut. It mentions that Israel is special in its relations to the U.S. wherein no other individual nation enjoys the total commitment to its security that...
- Israel's Surprise Attack. // America;6/20/1981, Vol. 144 Issue 24, p496
The author reflects on the surprise attack of Israel on the nuclear reactor of Iraq. The Israeli's raid reportedly raised disturbing questions regarding its long-range implications for the alliance between the U.S. and Israel. An overview of the political view of the Israeli government regarding...
- GOP leadership slams Obama stance on Israel. Wheatley, Drew // Hill;3/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the criticism by U.S. House Minority Leader John Boehner to an announced list of demands to Israel to restore diplomatic relations between the two countries in 2010.
- ISRAEL-U.S. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);11/1/2010, Vol. 194 Issue 4972, p12
The article focuses on the announcement made by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about his visit to the U.S. in November 2010 to meet with senior U.S. administration officials.
- ISRAEL, U.S. TO HIT IRAN'S NUKE FACILITY IN MARCH--REPORT. Liwa, Al // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);1/20/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4772, p1
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. and Israel to launch a military strike against the nuclear facilities of Iran in March 2010 to prevent Iran from activating its nuclear project.
- SWOT Analysis. // Israel Defence & Security Report;Q4 2010, p6
The article presents an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in Israel's security, defence, politics, economy and business environment in 2010. It states that the country's alliance with the U.S. ensures high technology arms imports, resulting to a...