- Contextual Challenges to Teaching Responsibility in a Sports Camp. Buchanan, Alice M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p155
Focuses on the implementation of Hellison's responsibility model in the instructional sports camp. Identification of contextual challenges to teaching responsibility; Impact of sports participation on affective development; Examination of moral behavior.
- Integrating qualitative analysis of movement in the university physical education curriculum. Morrison, Craig S.; Harrison, Joyce M. // Physical Educator;Spring97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p64
Presents a study on college sports instruction. Approaches to physical education; Includes video and conceptual approaches; Value of instruction in sports classes; Proposal for the integration of qualitative analysis into the university undergraduate physical education curriculum; Model for...
- The Relationship Between the Perceptions of Students and Instructors of the Importance of Their Objectives in Physical Education Activity Classes. Reed, Julian A.; Bertelsen, Susan L. // Physical Educator;Late Winter2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p19
Presents information on a study that surveyed students in physical education activity classes at a Doctoral I University to determine if student perceived instructor objectives are congruent with their instructor objectives. Research methodology; Results and discussion on the study.
- Train, Don't Strain. Daniels, Jack; Moxey Eck, Beth // Runner's World;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p24
Provides information on the proper training of a marathon runner.
- Acing the Pacing. Henderson, Joe // Runner's World;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p26
Offers training tips for runners.
- Do the Right Things. Hanc, John // Runner's World;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p60
Suggests a series of sustainable training habits for runners.
- Stuck In A Rut? Fitzgerald, Matt // Runner's World;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p31
Presents tips on creating a training program for runners. INSET: The Perfect Form.
- (Weather Wisdom). Rushlow, Amy // Runner's World;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p81
Offers hot-weather training tips for runners.
- In Sickness and in Health. Bloom, Marc // Runner's World;Dec2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p39
Offers tips on deciding whether a runner should skip his training schedule.
- Fitness Farm Frolics. // Children's Digest;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p12
Presents several sports activities featured in the 2003 Tullip Time Scholarship Games in the U.S.