Coagulation factor VIIa (recombinant) for warfarin-induced intracranial hemorrhage
- HF. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1076
An encyclopedia entry for "HF" or "Hageman factor," which refers to the blood coagulation factor XII, is presented.
- factor VIIa (recombinant). // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p240
This article presents information on the blood coagulation factor VIIa. Factor VIIa is a preparation of recombinant human antihaemophilic factor VII. It acts as a drug to reduce or stop bleeding and is used to treat disorders in which bleeding is prolonged and potentially dangerous, usually...
- Prothrombin Complex Preparations: A Cautionary Note. Ratnoff, Oscar D. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec74, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p852
Editorial. Focuses on the lethal outcome of the use of prothrombin complex preparations for treatment of bleeding. Overview of clotting factor transfusion; Consequences of prothrombin complex infusion; Recommendations.
- Recombinant activated Factor VII not as effective as previously thought. // Hem/Onc Today;9/10/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p18
The article discusses research study on the influence of recombinant activated Factor VII on bleeding model parameters, published in "Blood."
- proconvertin. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1897
A definition of the medical term "proconvertin," another term for coagulation factor VII, is presented.
- Nonacog-Î±/prothrombin complex concentrate. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 1568 Issue 1, p208
The article presents case studies of 11 patents who developed factor IX (FIX) inhibition (FIX) during treatment with prothrombin complex concentrate and nonacog-Î±.
- Effect of Depolymerized Holothurian Glycosaminoglycan (DHG) on the Activation of Factor VIII and Factor V by Thrombin. Nagase, Hideki; Enjyoji, Kei-ichi; Shima, Midori; Kitazato, Kenji; Yoshioka, Akira; Saito, Hidehiko; Kato, Hisao // Journal of Biochemistry;1996, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p63
Our previous study has shown that depolymerized holothurian glycosaminoglycan (DHG) has two different inhibitory activities in the blood coagulation cascade: heparin cofactor II-dependent thrombin inhibition; and antithrombin III- and heparin cofactor II-indepen-dent inhibition of the intrinsic...
- factor VIII. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p295
An encyclopedia entry for "factor VIII" is presented. It refers to one of the blood proteins involved in blood clotting. A reduction in the level of factor VIII in the blood would lead to the condition called haemophilia where there is a tendency to abnormal bleeding and to prolonged bleeding...
- Ordered adsorption of coagulation factor XII on negatively charged polymer surfaces probed by sum frequency generation vibrational spectroscopy. Xiaoyun Chen; Jie Wang; Zoltan Paszti; Fulin Wang; Schrauben, Joel N.; Tarabara, Volodymyr V.; Schmaier, Alvin H.; Zhan Chen // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;May2007, Vol. 388 Issue 1, p65
Electrostatic interactions between negatively charged polymer surfaces and factor XII (FXII), a blood coagulation factor, were investigated by sum frequency generation (SFG) vibrational spectroscopy, supplemented by several analytical techniques including attenuated total reflection Fourier...