Howell Exits Discovery As Reorg Shakes Out
- Jon Gosselin HE'S OFF THE SHOW! Garcia, Jennifer; Jones, Oliver; Lee, Ken; Oh, Eunice; Wang, Cynthia; Aradillas, Elaine; Caplan, David; Cedenheim, Pernilla; Gray, Mark; Parsley, Aaron; Perry, Simon; Stoynoff, Natasha; Zuckerman, Suzanne // People;10/12/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p22
The article reports that Jon Gosselin, reality television personality, will no longer be appearing on the reality television program "Jon & Kate Plus 8," according to an announcement from the TLC network. The program's title would be changed to "Kate Plus 8." The article reports that Kate...
- HABITS. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Jan2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
The article presents an interview with Crown Media Executive Vice President (EVP) Annie Howell, who discusses her morning rituals, proudest career achievement and most regrettable moment in her career.
- DISCOVERY'S BINGE: WHAT'S BEHIND $2B IN EUROPE DEALS. ROXBOROUGH, SCOTT // Hollywood Reporter;12/28/2012, Issue 46, p30
The article reports on the move of Discovery Communications Inc. to sign a $1.7 billion deal to purchase 12 channels in Scandinavia from Germany's ProSiebenSat.l group and to spend about $221 million for a 20% stake in pan-European sports network Eurosport.
- Planet Green Launches 24-Hour Eco-Programming with VERGE. // Sustainable Brands Weekly;3/18/2010, p5
The article reports that Discovery Communication Inc.'s eco-lifestyle network, Planet Green, has announced the launch of its new VERGE programming which will feature misfits, mavericks and innovators who challenge the status quo and are on the verge of changing their world and creating a better...
- Discovery names Howell senior VP. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/16/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 32, p10
Reports the promotion of Annie Howell as senior vice president for communications of Discovery Networks US in the United States.
- Exec Shuffle. // Daily Variety;12/20/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 54, p4
The article announces promotions of several executives in the movie and entertainment industry including Robert Marcus, Jeff Lucas, and Annie Howell.
- Discovery Education Revenue Up as Streaming & Assessment Grow. // Electronic Education Report;3/5/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the 12.2 percent increase of Discovery Communications Inc.'s revenue for 2011 in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Discovery Ed Revenue Down in Q2. // Electronic Education Report;8/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the decline of Discovery Communications Inc.'s revenue of education and other business units in the second quarter of 2012 by 5.1 from the same period in 2011 due to lower sales in Discovery Education's Creative Sound Services in the U.S.
- Liguori's welcome Discovery. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;2/11/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the business plans of Peter Liguori as chief operating officer (COO) of Discovery Communications Inc.