THE TOP TWO THINGS ABOUT EBIF I06
- More ad time for TF1. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;8/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p1
Reports that CSA, France's regulatory body for television has agreed that television station TF1 can extend advertising breaks during feature films and made-for-television films from four minutes per hour to six minutes.
- Coalition fights EU on pub subsidies. Stern, Andy // Variety;11/16/98, Vol. 372 Issue 14, p29
Reports on the alliance formed by television broadcasters, magazine and newspaper publishers in Europe to persuade the European Union to stop state subsidies to public broadcasters being used to finance commercial television projects. Some of the companies that are members of the alliance;...
- ITC launches review of advertising guidelines. Beale, Claire // Campaign;05/12/2000, Issue 19, p7
Focuses on Great Britain's Independent Television Commission's plan to launch a review of its advertising rules. Reassessment of all specific prohibitions set out in the Code of Advertising Standards and Practice; Possible relaxation of rules on the timing of television advertisements aimed at...
- ITC blasts Heineken's `funeral' ad. // Marketing Week;10/1/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p12
Focuses on the ruling of the Great Britain Independent Television Commission over two television advertisements. Complaints against the advertisement of Heineken company that shows a series of workmen working in the same hole in the ground; Features of the advertisement of Adidas.
- Israeli nets battle ad time cuts. Levy, Sasha // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/22/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the campaign initiated by the three Israeli commercial television franchises, Reshet, Keshet and TelAd, in opposing the proposal of the watchdog agency, Second Television and Radio Authority, to alter regulations on the length and time of commercials. Vote scheduled by the agency for...
- FRANCE. Mundell, Ian // Variety;10/4/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 8, pA9
The article discusses television broadcasting finance in France, focusing on the effects of uncertainty over government plans to remove advertising from broadcasting by the public television company France Televisions.
- Basil & Bill's excellent adventure. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
Presents the conversation between President Clinton and nine-year old Basil Schaheen on the topic of junk food advertisements, aired on ABC-TV's `President Clinton: Answering Children's Questions' special last February 1993. Clinton's suggestion.
- Czech TV air time safe. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;11/02/96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the plans of the Czech Republic parliament's media commission, not to introduce a proposal that would see the reduction of advertising time on Czech Television's two channels. What the commission had plan to cut the air time by; Reason for the decision by the commission.
- Canada tobacco ad ban? // Electronic Media;12/2/96, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Reports that Canada's parliament will consider legislation that will ban cigarette commercials on the nation's television and radio outlets. Limitations to be imposed on print advertising and event sponsorship.