Wal-Mart Punches Movie Ticket
- Video Streaming Adds New Dimension to Walmart.com. // MMR;7/23/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p135
The article reports on the integration of the VUDU movie streaming service of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. on Walmart.com.
- Walmart Buys Social Media Firm. // MMR;4/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the agreement of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to acquire the social media company Kosmix Corp. in the U.S.
- Walmart kauft Big-Data-Experten. Flier, Silvia // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/14/2013, Issue 24, p33
The article announces that the U.S. retail store chain Walmart will acquire the U.S. company Inkiru, which produces software for sales and market forecasting.
- HEARD AROUND. // MMR;12/14/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p39
This section offers news briefs pertaining to the retail industry in the U.S. as of December 14, 2015 including the appointment of Michael Francis as Walmart's marketing consultant, and the Federal Trade Commission's request for more information about the Rite Aid-Walgreens Boots Alliance merger.
- Walmart Hones Online Services. // MMR;3/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on plan of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to buy Silicon Valley start-up Vudu Inc. to strengthen the retailer's share of online sales of movies and other entertainment.
- TITAN'S VUDU SPELL. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;2/23/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Santa Clara, California-based Vudu Inc. by Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Vudu helps Walmart make big online push. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;7/26/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that Walmart through its website, Walmart.com, will allow users to rent or buy movies and television (TV) episodes integrating the streaming service of Vudu Inc. acquired by the company in March 2010.
- DOLBY, VUDU OFFER FIRST 7.1 FOR STREAMING. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;10/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the inclusion of 7.1 Dolby surround-sound in several streaming videos by Vudu in October 2011.
- Vudu Offices Suffer Break-in. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;4/15/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the break-in at the Santa Clara, California offices of Walmart's subscription-free video on demand (VOD) movie and television (TV) video service Vudu on March 24, 2013, with hard drives containing consumer data among the stolen items.