- Cox's Commando Defuses D.C. Din. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p24
Focuses on Gary McCollum, vice president and general manager of Cox Communications' Northern Virginia market. Responsibilities of McCollum; Background on the Northern Virginia market; Cable rate of the company. INSET: COX NORTH VIRGINIA.
- A Special Op, in Virginia. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
Reports the appointment of Gary McCollum as vice president and general manager of Cox Communication Corp. in Virginia.
- Who Said House Calls Were History? Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p36
Highlights the business strategy of Gary McCollum, general manager of Cox Communications Incorporated. Overview of the Northern Virginia System of Cox; Features of the system upgrade; Community relations effort of Cox. INSETS: COX COMMUNICATIONS;MEET THE OPERATOR;Cox Northern Virginia...
- 2010 Most Influential Minorities in Cable: Regional Executives. // CableFAX Magazine;Sep2010, p30
The article profiles the top regional minority executives in cable in 2010. It features Chuck Harris of Time Warner Cable Inc. who led the expansion of more than 100 high-definition (HD) channels on Time Warner Cable system. It also mentions Gary McCollum of Cox Communications Inc. who served as...
- Cox Communications Extends Gigabit Speeds to Virginia. // ATM/ Gigabit;Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
The article informs that Cox Communications is planning to expand its gigabit internet service for residential customers in Virginia. Topics discussed include views of Pat Esser, president of Cox Communications, on the same, deployment of gigabit speeds to businesses as fast as 1,000 megabits...
- A Tale of Four Calls. Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p40
Focuses on the telephone conversation of the author with executives of four major multisystem operators in the U.S. Views expressed by executives of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.; Comments of executives of Insight Inc. and Charter Communications Inc.
- Cable Can Prosper by Playing Well With Others. // Multichannel News;7/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p6
The article informs about the views of key executives at cable operators Comcast and Cox Communications, on the "challenge-versus-opportunity" theme at an industry conference, saying that cable can be benefited from disruptive technologies if the industry can partner with outside companies. It...
- Ad Sales Executives Speak Out. Grossman, Andy // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p28
Reports on the expectations of cable advertising sales executives in the United States. Off-year political season in New York; Interconnects of Comcast Corp.; Cox Communications Inc.'s plans for inserting on digital networks.
- Cox, Comcast tout their digital gains. Farrell // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the digital cable installation rates of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. in the United States. Comcast executive John Alchin's projected number of digital subscribers by the end of 1999; Expected number of digital, high-speed data and telephony subscribers at Cox; Data...