Cablevision to Launch RS-DVR Service in April
- Cablevision Supersizes Its Cloud DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p37
The article evaluated the cloud-based digital video recorder Cablevision Systems Corp., provider of cable TV, high speed Internet.
- Cablevision Rolls RS-DVR in Bronx. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p20
A preview of the DVR Plus digital video recorder from Cablevision Systems Corp. is presented.
- Cablevision Win On Network DVR Benefits All. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the victory of Cablevision Systems Corp. against programmers who are protesting against the implementation of network-based digital video-recording (DVR) system.
- Keeping Up at Home. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p44
Presents an article on watching television with a digital video recorder (DVR). Benefits of using DVR; Views on the television advertisements of Cablevision Systems Corp. for its digital television service; Features of the Cablevision advertisements.
- REMOTE DVR UNPLUGS. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;6/9/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that Cablevision has shelved its plans to test its remote-storage digital video recording. Cablevision had originally expected rolling out the service on June 2006 in a small number of homes in New York City. The service allos users to stream shows from servers hosted...
- Judge overturns network DVR ruling. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/8/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 39, p10A
The article reports on the move of judges from the federal appeals court in Manhattan, New York City, to overturn the ruling that blocked the Cablevision Systems Corp.'s rollout for the digital video recorder (DVR) service in the area. According to the article, a lower court judge misapplied a...
- Cablevision Knits Net DVR. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p31
The article reports on the case involving Cablevision Systems Corp. alleging for copyright infringement of digital video recorder (DVR) project.
- Cablevision to test Betamax ruling. // CED;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the launching of the remote storage digital video recorder (RS-DVR) of the Cablevision Systems Corp. The RS-DVR enables customers to record programs on the operator's dedicated space for network based video servers. It is also capable of supporting records in both standard...
- Cablevision Bows Interactive Search Tool for VOD Content. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/23/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p11
The article reports that an interactive tool has been launched by Cablevision that allows its iQ television (TV) subscribers to more easily find TV programming and on-demand movies using the remote control. The remote control allows viewers to use a virtual keypad to quickly find programming...
- EFF Supports Cablevision in Copyright Case. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/24/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p32
The article reports on an amicus brief submitted by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, civil liberties group, with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in support of Cablevision Systems Corp. Cablevision seeks to overturn a federal judge's ruling that would prevent it from operating a...