MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY
- Mexico Confiscates Hundreds Of Drug-runner Aircraft. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p3
The article reports on the move of the authorities to seize more than 400 private planes of the drug traffickers in Mexico.
- DRUG SCREENING. Anderson, Charles-Edward // ABA Journal;Jun89, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p38
Presents the results of a survey concerning the drug screening programs of private sector employers in the U.S. Percentage of companies that used the random drug testing at their job sites; Highest and lowest rates of positive drug-test results; Consequences of the survey findings.
- Twenty-first-century drug warriors: the press, privateers and the for-profit waging of the war on drugs. Schack, Todd // Media, War & Conflict;Aug2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p142
The privatization of war-making â€” especially in regard to the waging of the war on terror â€” is well documented, but there are other emerging markets for the burgeoning â€˜private security industryâ€™. In fact, the war on drugs represents one of the most potentially...
- Lpath Moving Sphingomab Into Clinic. // Bioworld Week;6/25/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p2
The article reports that the San Diego, California-based Lpath Inc. has closed the second tranche of a private placement of its anti-angiogenic compound Sphingomab into the clinic on June 18, 2007. The transaction is worth for a total financing of $16.8 million, which the firm has closed the...
- An examination of pharmaceutical systems in severely disrupted countries. Kohler, Jillian Clare; Pavignani, Enrico; Michael, Markus; Ovtcharenko, Natalia; Murru, Maurizio; Hill, Peter S. // BMC International Health & Human Rights;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p34
This research assesses informal markets that dominate pharmaceutical systems in severely disrupted countries and identifies areas for further investigation. Findings are based on recent academic papers, policy and grey literature, and field studies in Somalia, Afghanistan, the Democratic...
- Horizon Pharma Inc. // BioWorld Today;3/1/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p7
The article reports that Deerfield, Illinois-based Horizon Pharma Inc. is bringing in 50.8-million U.S. dollars in a private placement of about 14 million units, the proceeds of which are expected to sustain the company's operations into the second half of 2013 and for new drug releases.
- DoDDS Happenings. // International Educator;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p20
Presents education-related news briefs from around the world as of April 1, 2006. Survey of U.S. households which found that several teenagers and young adults have misused attention deficit hyperactivity disorder stimulants to elevate academic and sports performances; Rise in the number of...
- What physicians need to know to ensure their Medicare patients get the drugs they need. // Geriatrics;Apr2006, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p19
Presents suggestions for physicians to ensure their Medicare patients get the drugs they need. Details of the Medicare's drug benefit (Part D), an outpatient prescription drug coverage available only through private companies; Information that can help patient find a lower cost plan that covers...
- Jamaica's Immunization Data Quality self-Assessment (DQS), 1-8 November 2010. // Immunization Newsletter;Apr2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) of Jamaica. It mentions that the monitoring systems was evalauted through Data Quality self-Assessment (DQS), which examined the quality of the system, the accuracy of data and the timeliness of reporting. It notes that...