Suu Kyi Release Signals May Spark Easing Of Sanctions
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Transmitting a Report Regarding the Waiver of Sanctions Against North Korea. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/1/2012, p1
A letter is presented from U.S. President Barack Obama to U.S. congressional leaders on the transmittal of a report regarding the issuance of waivers of sanctions against North Korea under section 1405 of the Supplemental Appropriations Act.
- Don't undermine Iran sanctions, Obama says. Sink, Justin // Hill;2/12/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on U.S. President Barack Obama's warning to nation's political leaders not to ignore the importance of Iran sanctions.
- Sanctions Derail Diplomacy on Iran. Heydarian, Javad // Foreign Policy in Focus;7/31/2012, p6
The article discusses how international sanctions can push Iran closer to a desirable compromise. U.S. President Barack Obama's administration and its European allies believe that a combination of debilitating sanctions and nominal incentives will push Iran closer to negotiation. The Obama...
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Transmitting a Report Regarding the Waiver of Sanctions Against North Korea. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/31/2013, Special section p1
A letter is presented from U.S. President Barack Obama to Barbara A. Mikulski, W. Thad Cochran, and Carl Levin on a report regarding the waiver of sanctions against North Korea.
- Crimea Triggers Sanctions. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/18/2014, pA01
2 The EU froze assets and travel of 21 people who helped Crimea secede from Ukraine. Pres. Obama imposed similar U.S. sanctions against 11. Russian Pres. Vladimir Putin formally recognized Crimea as independent following the Ukrainian province's overwhelming secession vote Sunday. Crimea also...
- Pressure builds to end Cuba embargo, so get ready now. DÍAZ, ALEX // Caribbean Business;7/18/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p22
The article reports that rice and soybean growers, and other traders in the U.S. are asking the federal government to end Cuba embargo. The U.S. President Barack Obama administration has loosened some rules, but not according to the degree of opening, undertaken by Cuba which is adopting a...
- A weakling at White House. // Filipino Reporter;7/25/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p18
The author reflects on leadership of U.S. President Barack Obama by citing two actions taken by him including imposing sanctions on Russia following Malaysia Airlines MH 17 tragedy, and his efforts in making ceasefire between Israel and Palestine.
- OBAMA EXTENDS U.S. SANCTIONS AGAINST SYRIA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);5/4/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4844, p1
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama ordered to extend the sanctions against Syria by the U.S. due to the alleged support of Syria on terrorist groups and its engagement in missile programs and weapons of mass destruction.
- Presidential Determination on Sudan. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/19/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama about the presidential determination on Sudan, delivered on November 19, 2010. President Obama declares the need to waive the application of section 908(a)(1) of the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act as a...