Dish Can Keep Tweaking DirecTV
- High-Cost Gains for Dish. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has increased the number of subscribers and also offers information on its rivalry with DirecTV.
- Cablevision's Bickham: Cable Can Recapture Share From Satellite TV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p7
The article reports that president of cable and communications John Bickham of Cablevision Systems Corp. stated that there is no reason for cable industry to not reclaim the 30% share of the pay television (TV) business that was lost to DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp.
- DirecTV, Dish Post Sub Gains, Higher Profits. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/27/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
The article reports that U.S.-based direct broadcast satellite service providers DirectTV and Dish Network have both posted an increase in subscribers and net profits.
- SUBS STICK AROUND. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;11/7/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on the performance of television channels DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. during the third quarter of 2012 in the U.S., with DirecTV Inc. reporting a profit of 565 million dollars, and Dish reporting a loss of 158 million dollars from the year-ago quarter.
- Satellite TV providers sue Utah over higher taxes. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;12/29/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. against Utah for not giving them a tax break similar to that of the cable television (TV) companies.
- Dish Targets DirecTV Subscribers In Promo. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/16/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p31
The article reports on the launch of the Dish Challenge promotion by satellite television (TV) provider Dish which targets subscribers of direct broadcast satellite service provider DirecTV.
- Sony Movie Net Inks First Carriage Pacts. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p22
The article reports on the move of Sony Movie Channel to sign carriage deals with telecommunication provider AT&T and satellite services Dish Network Corp. and DirecTV in the U.S.
- Cable's Bad Rep. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p26
The article focuses on several issues concerning the cable television industry in the U.S. The University of Michigan has released a new survey which presents that satellite consumers are more satisfied with service from DirecTV Inc. and DISH Network Corp. than they are with any major cable...
- Dish's Satellite Performance Is Clouded. King, Danny // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that Dish Network, trailing U.S. satellite leader DirecTV in both subscribers and high-definition channels, may be falling further behind, despite its recent announcement that it was nearing DirecTV's inventory of almost 100 HD channels. Dish, whose 13.8 million subscribers...