NBC Skis to Ratings Gold
- Post-Games, Peacock is eyeing the bronze. Kissell, Rick // Variety;3/1/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on television ratings for the major U.S. networks current during the week of March 1, 2010. The central focus of the article is on the ratings lift given the NBC television network by the 2010 Winter Olympic Games held in Vancouver, British Columbia. Also examined are the...
- Olympics Wins NBC Rare Ratings Gold. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;2/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the television ratings for the NBC Television Network's broadcast of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
- Snow Patrol. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;2/8/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p29
The article presents information on the efforts of the NBC Television Network to prevent unauthorized internet video broadcasting of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
- NBC's Olympics get a good jump. KISSELL, RICK // Daily Variety;2/16/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 31, p6
The article offers information on the excellent viewership ratings for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics that has made National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) on top of the viewership chart.
- Olympics test NBC mettle. Weisman, Jon // Variety;2/1/2010, Vol. 417 Issue 11, p11
The article examines the NBC television network and its broadcast of the 2010 Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, British Columbia. The central focus of the article is on NBC's opportunity to demonstrate its ability to broadcast with ease and facility despite having overpaid for the rights to the...
- Games put Peacock atop ratings podium. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;2/18/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the rank of the National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) as number one in television ratings from February 8-14, 2010 following its airing of the Winter Olympics.
- Playing Games. // MediaWeek;2/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p34
The author presents his views on television programming as of February 22, 2010. He opines that NBC should enjoy the ratings boost it received from its coverage of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, B.C., as it will likely return to fourth place once the games conclude. The question of whether...
- WINTER WONDERS. Franklin, Nancy // New Yorker;3/1/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p80
In this column the author discusses U.S. television programs. Particular attention is given to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia. The author also discusses the fatal crash of Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili, television network National Broadcasting Company's (NBC's)...
- Olympic time trials. Schneider, Michael // Variety;2/22/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that the 2010 Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver, British Columbia, are subject to broadcast time delays by the NBC television network on the U.S. west coast. As a result of this, viewers are learning the results of events before the are televised in the western portion of...