Targeted Ads Still on Trial
- Comcast bylaws change allows easier way to spin off divisions. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s shareholders' approval of a resolution that will make it easier for the company to spin off individual business units. Possible candidates for a spinoff; Features of the company's acquisition of E.W. Scripps; Three classes of stock by the company.
- Will PC, TV or new gear bring multimedia home? Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;09/30/96, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p1
Reports that network operators are faced with an endless array of devices and applications, with the emerging multimedia market. Comments from Steve Craddock vice president of new media development at Comcast Corporation; Citing the business provided by @Home Networks; Cautions given to the...
- Comcast goes on-line via cable. // Telephony;12/19/94, Vol. 227 Issue 25, p18
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s introduction of Comcast PC Connect, an on-line access service to run over hybrid fiber/coax cable television networks. Testing; Scheduled commercial release.
- Comcast brings @Home to Baltimore. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p108
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s launching of a localized version of @Home cable online service in Baltimore and Howard County, Maryland. Availability of the service; Features of the subscriber system; Launching plans in other states.
- Comcast Network TV plans June start. Bridgeforth Jr., Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p3
Announces the plans of Comcast Corporation for the launching of a television network in June 1998. Details on the network; Amount of money Comcast is investing in equipment for the network; What will be the name of the network; Comments from the general manager of the network, William Wischman Jr.
- Comcast Begins Search For Minority Networks. Umstead, R. Thomas // La Prensa San Diego;4/8/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to establish additional 10 new independent, minority-owned and operated channels in Hispanic and African-American networks in California.
- Comcast Corp. Peers, Martin // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p52
Profiles Comcast Corp. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.
- Comcast Corp. Peers, Martin // Variety;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p38
Features media and entertainment company Comcast Corp. Impact of the investment from Microsoft; Company as a major player in the cellular telephony market; Expansion of cable systems through acquisitions.
- The global 50. Peers, Martin // Variety;8/28/95 90th Anniversay Issue, Vol. 360 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the business performance of Comcast Corp. Corporate leadership of Ralph Roberts; Financial performance for 1994; Acquisition of control of QVC in a joint venture with TCI; Management challenges.