Funds Rotate Out of Comcast, News
- Web wedding OK'd. // Daily Variety;12/10/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 6, p22
Reports the approval given to the planned merger of music television channels Mezzo and Muzzik by European Union authorities.
- Telepiu-Stream diverted. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;3/4/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p19
Reports the temporary delay of the merger between television networks Telepiu and Stream in Milan, Italy.
- Telepiu poised to go it alone. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p108
Focuses on implications of the acquisition of Stream by Vivendi Universal from News Corp. in Italy. Concern of local producers on the effect of television mergers on the prices of soccer rights; Implications of the consolidation for the investment in the money-losing operation; Effort of...
- CNBC licensed to rule airwaves. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p4
Presents information on the agreement between Dow Jones & Company, and CNBC, to combine their television operations. Response of the television industry in the United States, to this agreement; CNBC, as the dominant cable financial news provider; Comments from Marty Schenker, managing editor,...
- U.K.'s ONdigital, ITV pact for shared soccer rights. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;06/19/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 11, p16
Reports that ONdigital and the ITV network have acquired the television rights for the Football League and the Worthington Cup. Total number of games per season to be broadcast by ONdigital and ITV, respectively.
- Murdoch pursues uncontested rule of Italian pay TV. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/4/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 36, p75
Reports the acquisition of Telepiu from Vivendi Universal by News Corp. in Rome, Italy. Negotiations with Vivendi concerning business plan; Terms and conditions of the deal.
- Telemundo flying on Peacock's feathers. Sutter, Mary // Variety;11/19/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 1, pA2
Discusses the acquisition of the Spanish-language television network Telemundo by the National Broadcasting Company (NBC). Significance of the acquisition on the Spanish-language television market in the United States (U.S.); Growth plans of NBC for Telemundo; Information on the problem faced by...
- With Liberty Deal, Game Show Is Afoot. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the acquisition of cable television company Game Show Network by Liberty Digital. Amount of stocks acquired by Liberty from Game Show; Reason for the merger; Format of Game Show's programs.
- Flextech has signalled that it wants to expand... // Campaign;04/02/99, Issue 13, p24
Reports that Flextech plans to expand its television interests by acquiring channels. Possible bid for cable television network Live TV; Pre-tax losses in 1998; Plan to invest in interactive services on television and the Internet.